3 Saints Looking To Bounce Back From Lost 2013 Season

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Jul 28, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

Injuries are part and parcel of the game of Football. Like touchdowns, penalties, transactions and turnovers, they happen and are dealt with accordingly. Wide-ranging from a hamstring strain to the dreaded high ankle sprain, a pulled groin to a torn ACL, an opportunity lost for one player becomes an opportunity gained for another. Those players who find themselves on the more unfortunate side of the swinging pendulum can ensure they are not forgotten by putting in the long, daunting hours of rehabilitation inside the four walls of the treatment room as their healthy teammates take to the field to do what they love; play football. […]

Read the whole post here.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Victor Butler is the guy I see making the biggest impact.

Morgan, could be a 4th WR

P.Rob is promising, but with Champ now on board I doubt he beats him out of a starting spot... maybe next year.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  3. spstromain

spstromain Starter

victor butler in the last year of his deal too, like mark ingram...every incentive to prove his health and productivity

Kurt likes this.
  4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I see Victor Butler making a name for himself on this defense. Of the three you listed I feel he has the best chance to make a difference with this defense. Even if he don't shine like a supernova this year I feel the Saints will extend him a year to see if he is fully healed. The others, I believe, will have to contribute mightily to stay on the team after this year. That is if they make it through camp. Robinson is lucky that his contract this year was not higher or he would have been shown the door. If I understand correctly, Rob likes his corners to play press man and that is his weakness. He is a better zone corner. Cory White is a better press corner but is horrible in zone coverage. Joe Morgan is nothing but hype and injuries. I think they held on to him after his dwi so help him with treatment. He may not even make the cut during TC. The two tall rookies are turning heads and could push Morgan out the door. I wasn't so sure about that earlier because of all the pundits saying that the two rookies, can't spell their names so I call them the two tall rookies, wasn't catching the ball during the OTA's but apparently they pulled a Colston and improved their skills during the time between the OTA's and training camp. One more week folks till football.

5. spstromain

spstromain Starter

wr battle is the one to watch. coleman is having a nice camp and toon is really standing out but he's got to translate it to the field in a game setting.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  6. Buck Fenson

yep. Toon was a camp beast last season but was horrible during the time he was on the field during the regular season. we need Toon and Coleman to step up if they make the 53.

7. spstromain

spstromain Starter

glenn foster doing well it seems

8. Buck Fenson

he is doing good. just going to be difficult to get adequate playing time.

9. spstromain

spstromain Starter

makes it fun for football degenerates like us to tune in to those 1st and 4th preseason games to see those type of guys fight for everything

Buck Fenson likes this.
  10. Buck Fenson

I personally like those games. you get to see more of the backups playing and you get a better feel of what our depth would be.

11. spstromain

spstromain Starter

12. Buck Fenson

Love that video. teams are going to have to play a deep shell and Jimmy will eat that up. Play tight coverage to take that away and watch Cooks do that. Can't wait.