49er Free Agent QB Alex Smith Negotiating With Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In a seemingly sudden and stunning development, free-agent quarterback Alex Smith is in negotiations with the Miami Dolphins, according to an NFL source. Smith led the San Francisco 49ers to the NFC championship game last season and although he was a free agent, the assumption through most of the offseason what that he would return. The 49ers leap into the Peyton Manning derby, though, changed the dynamics of the NFL universe. Smith visited today with the Dolphins, who earlier this week made a pitch for Manning and another free-agent Matt Flynn.

Source: The Denver Post

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Get er done, Ross.

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I'm fine with this even if we don't land manning. Although last year was his "Breakout" year, the passing game was still pretty limited.

4. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I'm gonna heckin' roll when this guy gets signed somewhere else, you guys get hecked, and he has an incredible career.

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Dude we have been waiting for that for 7 years...he's a hard worker and a great guy but I don't think he's going to magically throw for 4000+ yards and 30+ tds.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Should be interesting to see how this develops. I still think the agent could be playing all sides in this to get extra dough...

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Did Harbaugh run a WCO?

8. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

yes

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Payton Manning is going to look really weird in a gold helmet. He would've looked the coolest in a Dolphins uni.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Well at the very least he is the stop gap to whoever they want.

11. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I hope Smith realizes the Dolphins front office is even less trustworthy than the Niners. Sure they are going after a once in a generation shot at a qb, but the Dolphins screw with their people constantly.

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

there hecked if they dont get manning who else do they have?

13. dad2paisley

dad2paisley Special Teamer

Don't know why he wants to go to a bad team after last years run. I guess it's all about the money.

14. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

He has never been really liked in SF from all the talk. Plus I think SF strung him along hoping no one would find out they were in the Manning chase. Notice how their involvement came out of nowhere. That way if they didnt get Manning they still had Smith as a backup plan.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Incredible career that freaking laughable. He's never been any good and even last year, the best season of his career with a coach giving him every chance to succeed, he was adequate and no more. I HIGHLY doubt he's going to go anywhere else and do any better, let alone have some stellar career like youre wishing for. Peyton would have been nice, and I'd be shocked if Alex doesnt come back now, but even if he doesnt, I'm fine with Kaepernick. He'd probably turn the ball over more due to youth but I don't think he'd have much trouble matching or bettering Alexes production.