49ers Hire Mike Martz for Offensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by frost, Jan 8, 2008.

1. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

This was a bad move IMO.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Martz doesn't have any idea how to pick from the draft, can any of you remember any of the guys he picked, other then Adam Archuletta and after his rookie season he also was a bust, thank God Martz won't be selecting the players from the draft.

YIKES!!!!:shock:

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Some people say cucumbers taste better than pickles.

4. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

they dont know what they did yet.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Steven Jackson, Kevin Curtis, Shaun McDonald, Pisa Tinoisamoa, a bunch of other orle players/sometime starters. It's not like our current coach is lighting up the draft every year either, so don't get too high on you horse there Sweets. ;)

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nuts, who the heck said Nolan is any better, chill out...damn, can't even post crap without someone busting my crap because I didn't add word NOLAN SUCKS...last time I checked this was all MARTZ..

And a bunch of other guys..like I said you can't remember em either..

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Chill sweets, I was just messing around, didn't you see the little winkie at the end?

But the point was that Martz's drafts weren't that bad. Hardly spectacular, but not that bad.

Ryan Pickett, Richie Incognito, Travis Fisher, Jimmy Kennedy, those are some more names that spring to mind.

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Dumb....he never uses his running backs...so where does that leave the only talented offensive player we have?

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

According to Martz, it leaves Gore with the offense revolving around him.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/

http://forum.ninercaphell.com/showpost.php?p=69690&postcount=3

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I remember that press conference: "What? Steven Jackson didn't have a single carry? I didn't notice!!". Yup!! That'll be Gore now :icon_cheesygrin:

11. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

I'm pleased by this as Mike Nolan learned to fix a leaky roof with the Martz hire! Now Nolan has to repair the rest of the 49ers house. This is a good hire, but I'm not ready to endorse a come back yet. I want a real exhibition and some quality players before I say come back to the 49ers. But truthfully, staying home saves you a bundle if you didn't buy a ticket.

I bet a commercial is being made with Martz and Nolan as 'ringmasters.':icon_cheesygrin:

Sweets, calm down girlfriend. I know this is uncertainity, and it could mean we retain the idiot Nolan, but let's see if we can utilize some WR sets in there.

This is also Remember the Titans movie, remember how Denzel ran one side and that white coach ran the other side and the ultimatum was 'lose one game, you're out?' For Mike Nolan, lose the season or the playoffs and HE IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE! Martz runs offense, Nolan runs defense, and let's see if the Titans movie inspires the 49ers to a playoff, or if Martz has a Kurt Warner debut year, possible Superbowl...but we got to beat some opposition first.

12. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

alex smith is hecked another playbook to learn what is that l;ike 4 now since he cameinto the league

13. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Great news for the Cardinals, with the hiring of Martz, Frank Gore's been effectively removed from the offense.

14. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

yes

15. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

Shaun Hill will beat Alex and we will see greatness.

16. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i think so to he probably will be better in mike martz offence.

17. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Shaun Hill will be the next Kurt Warner and possibly taking us to the Superbowl in 2008. Could happen.:icon_eek:

18. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I don't think so. If anything I think Jason Hill and Lelie get worked into the offense more because of there speed. Djax will probably have a place as well based on his route running skills. We actually have a the talent to have a solid offense whether its going to be Smith or Hill throwing the ball to the people. Gore will be used out of the backfield as a Receiver and a RB which will make defenses worry and free up Vernon.

19. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I for one am for Martz taking over this offense. Gore is going to be a stud with Martz. I dont think he'll let Gore go unnoticed.

20. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I think Gore's td total will actually go up as well.