49ers Tickets: Fans Must Pay $2K To Buy Cheapest Tickets In New Stadium

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Jun 10, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[​IMG]

49ers tickets: Fans must pay $2,000 to buy cheapest tickets in new stadium - San Jose Mercury News

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Even the cheapest PSL's at Candlestick were running like 1200-2000 from private resellers so this isnt outrageous for a brand new stadium.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's like a real estate investment...

4. SRW

Well if there's one place where people can afford those tickets it's Silicon Valley.

5. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

This is exactly why I don't want the Redskins to build a new stadium. Moment that happens, I can no longer own season tickets. Damn shame everything is PSL's now.

6. groenator

groenator Rookie

What's PSL?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Personal seating licenses I believe.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

$2000 is the cost of attending what? 6 games? its not a terrible investment to make if your ticket price goes down to $85 a game, it pays off for the more hardcore game attenders

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

You have to pay $2000 and then $680 on top of that. For the first season. Still not bad at all IMO. If the Niners continue to improve, the value of that PSL will theoretically increase and can be sold as a profit...

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I can't see how anyone is even remotely okay with PSLs on every seat.

You mean I can't just buy season tickets at face value?

Like seriously? When the heck did this become okay? I guess I can understand smaller sections with the best views in the stadium being reserved, but these heckers are going to bank an extra $2,000 for EVERY SEAT in the whole place?!?

11. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Yet another reason to watch at home.

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

The PSLs are a one time fee to have your own seat in the same location, year in and out, for as long as you are a season ticket holder. You dont have to pay 2000 dollars every year to have season tickets, and if you spread it out over just a decade, which is probably low for season ticket holders, its not that bad. They arent making that money off of every seat in a stadium either. A pretty small percentage of seats in any given stadium are for season ticket holders I would think. Is it expensive? Sure, but is it worth it? I guess if I was planning on being a longtime ticket holder it would be nice to know Id have "my" own seat for every home game and be very worthwhile. As Ward mentioned, its usually an investment as well, youre not gonna buy a new house off PSL profit but they only go up in price every year.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

PSL's have been around since the late 80's, why does this shock people?

14. SRW

PSL's are a fact that's not going away now. Good thing Sunday Ticket's price dropped.

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

So then how does it work if I don't buy a PSL? I get season tickets one year, and if some other guy wants my seat next year, he can pay $2,000 to buy the PSL for that seat and it's his if I don't choose to pay it?

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In order to be a season ticket holder and have the "privilege" of paying for the ticket prices every season you would need to pay a (one time) PSL (license) fee per seat. The benefit is that you would have a right to pay for the ticket price fees listed on the tickets each season and you can transfer those PSLs to family through inheritance OR as an investment they can be transferred to the new buyer....At least this is what I have heard...

The 49er season ticket holders have already been sent a letter with the amounts owed in order to keep their season tickets, if they don't pay the PSL fee they lose their season tickets...

17. SRW

In the end all it means is that you have to cough up some extra coin for the seats.