8 Years On, Drew Brees's Recovery Still Amazes Dr. Andrews

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by spstromain, Jun 14, 2014.

1. spstromain

spstromain Starter

New Year’s Eve 2005. Denver at San Diego. A typical week 17 matchup between one team with an eye on the playoffs (Denver) and another looking to limp over the finish line after a season which saw expectations fall short of the mark. As Drew Brees prepared to pass out of his own end zone late in the second quarter, Denver’s John Lynch blindsided the Quarterback off a well-executed Safety blitz, knocking the ball loose and igniting a mad scramble for the Football near the goal line. As Brees tried to recover the ball, all 320 pounds of defensive lineman Gerard Warren fell smack-dab on […]

Read the whole post here.

Aussie61 likes this.
  2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

like your analogy of him and a man shot out of a cannon. made me chuckle. that is why I feel that Brees is an elite player. Coming back from a devastating injury like that and do what he has done is just amazing. Brady came back from a knee injury and you need your legs to throw the ball but Bree's injury is, in my opinion, more difficult to come back from. And it was his throwing shoulder at that. Even though I hate that coach from Alabama, I am glad he passed on Brees.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Brees is perhaps my favorite non-Eagle in the league. I'm not even sure exactly why, but the dude is likable.

4. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

A fumble, an injury, an incision, 12 anchors, a negative prognosis, a chance, and a sprinkle of mad-man work ethic.Drew Brees, ladies and gentlemen.

Not gonna lie, that gave me goose bumps

5. spstromain

spstromain Starter

i saw a video of him doing some of those workouts like you see in that 2nd photo. ridiculous.