A little NBA Playoff chatter

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Apr 26, 2023.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You told me not to get my hopes up...now the Knicks are one win away from the second round of the playoffs. THE SECOND ROUND, CHUMP!!!! I wish I had got more excited :(

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Who foresaw a Knicks-Heat 2nd round series coming? Brings back old memories of their past playoff rivalries.

I have to say though, I hate how the NBA does not reseed after every round. Sixers-Celtics (assuming Boston wins it) should be the Conference Finals matchup and not 2nd round.

TJ likes this.
  4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I had no idea they don't re-seed anymore. I was scratching my head trying to understand why the 8-seed Heat.

Yes, this brings back memories of the late 90's slugfests. 68-66 final scores...Van Gundy clinging to Alonzo Mourning's leg. When basketball was basketball and men were men.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn...

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. DawkinsINT

Haha….the Van Gundy/Mourning incident is the first thing I think of from their rivalry.

TJ likes this.
  6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It was hilarious...and glorious. I miss those days xD

DawkinsINT likes this.
  7. DawkinsINT

Sixers=Celtics starts Monday. They may not know if Embiid will play or not until Monday. As much as Boston has had our number I really thought this year we had a close to 50/50 chance since our bench is better than years past. The injury really is a bummer. I'm still really looking forward to the series though.

TJ likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Embiid out does not bode well for Philly.

And yea, Teej, like everyone else, I clearly underestimated what kind of impact Jalen Brunson makes. Kid is absolute nails.

While everyone was talking about Cleveland landing Donovan Mitchell as the move of the off-season, Brunson let his play do the talking.

Knickerbockers just need to find a way to cool off Jimmy Buckets. It'll be interesting to see what kind of looks Thibs throws at him.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  9. DawkinsINT

What a great win for the Sixers at Boston last night without Embiid. Harden was unbelievable tying his career playoff high with 45 points. Last year he was not in the type of shape to nail those late shots. That was the Sixers best playoff win in over 20 years.

10. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

They sure did follow it up with a dud. These next two games will prove crucial for Philly. It's not that I doubt their ability to win another in Boston with the big fella. I just think they'd rather go back to Boston up 3-1.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. DawkinsINT

I didn't think they had much of a chance last night, but yeah, that was embarrassing. I don't care that Embiid won MVP, he has not shown much heart in his playoff career. It's time for him to show that he really has changed. The rest of this series will tell me a lot about Embiid. I don't care much about his injury, it's about showing guts and toughness.

12. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

You're right. It's bad when Harden is playing harder than ya'.

This would go a long way in proving he's the real MVP.

13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Threw this one up lately, boys, involving a war or words...

This one involves Affleck's and Damon's Air, the definition of activist and whether Michael Jordan was one, the definition of failure and whether the Bucks season was one and a throwback to Bobby Bonilla and the Apple II+.

Enjoy!

A poor choice of words - Sports Chump

DawkinsINT likes this.
  14. DawkinsINT

Good stuff, Chump. When I originally heard about Air I thought the premise was kind of boring. I keep hearing good things about it though. I will definitely check it out.

15. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

Brutal loss for the Sixers yesterday with a chance to put Boston away at home. Harden was looking for fouls instead of trying to make shots, Embiid wasn't aggressive enough around the basket, and Tobias Harris only had 2 points in 41 minutes. So frustrating. Now they have to try to win their 3rd game of the series in Boston. I don't have a good feeling about Game 7.

17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'm pinning that loss squarely on Doc, Dawk.

That game was wrapped up. With five minutes left, they didn't get a single good look at the basket. If your MVP isn't getting down on the block and demanding the ball, earning his MVP, then you call a time out and you tell him to do so.

They were launching three, i.e., low percentage shots as if they were down and not up.

They had them right where they wanted them and just f**k**ing blew it.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

19. DawkinsINT

I agree that Doc should have been more demanding of getting the ball deep into Embiid, but it didn't appear like Joel wanted it. He seemed to shy away a bit offensively and I think a decent part of that was that Horford was playing him pretty well. They did have them where they wanted but they came up soft. I was so disappointed in their 4th quarter collapse. Game 7 is going to say so much about the direction of this team this offseason.

20. DawkinsINT