A little NBA Playoff chatter

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Apr 26, 2023.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

During the 4th quarter of yesterday's game I was embarrassed to be wearing a Sixers shirt. That 2nd half was pathetic. Embiid is mentally soft. Harden is washed. Doc's not a winner or motivator. We're stuck with Embiid but get rid of Rivers and Harden. Bring in Nick Nurse and see what he can do with this unlikable crew.

2. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  3. DawkinsINT

I'm glad he's gone, but I'm a little concerned that it may be because Harden didn't get along with him. If Daryl Morey hires Mike D'Antoni so they can have the same trio from Houston, I'm going to be pissed. This team doesn't have the players for that style of offense and Harden should be humbled instead of demanding.

4. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Not sure how D'Antoni fixes things? Haven't we seen this show before, when Harden was considerably younger and considerably lighter?

What makes anyone think running Joel Embiid up and down the floor at a quicker pace is the answer to anything?

DawkinsINT likes this.
  5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Boston can't be the only sports city to come-back from 0-3 in a 7 game series, right? RIGHT?!?! That and 28-3 would be too much.

Go, Heat.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

The reverse jinx worked!!!!

TJ likes this.
  9. DawkinsINT

I'm so glad the Heat finally finished them off. I'm definitely rooting for Butler & the Heat in the finals.

I'm also happy the Sixers look like they are hiring Nick Nurse. Way better than Doc Rivers. Hopefully he can light a fire under Embiid.

TJ likes this.
  10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I think I'll root for the Nuggets. I like it when different teams win championships, and also F the Heat.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  11. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. DawkinsINT

I went to bed early in the 4th yesterday when it looked like the Nuggets were going to win comfortably. I was surprised to hear that the Heat won.

TJ likes this.
  13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

If we've learned anything in these playoffs, Dawk, it's to not count this Heat team out.

Impressive fourth quarter.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

For the first time in my lifetime...probably ever, the best basketball player on the planet is not American and that seems to be driving some folks crazy.

I really like this Jokic guy...I was just reading about him and his story.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  15. DawkinsINT

Congrats to the Nuggets. Well deserved but I've heard some say their path was too easy. That's just jealousy speaking.

16. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Teej...

It's not as uncommon as you might think. Jokic became the sixth foreign born player to win Finals MVP.

Can you name the other five?

17. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

From the top of my head: Olajuwon, Parker, Nowitzki.....uhm... that's it XD. I have two missing and have no idea.

Wait...Ginobili? (thinking face)

18. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Three outta five ain't bad.

Ya' missed Timmy Duncan (born in St Croix) and Giannis.

TJ likes this.
  19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LOL. Giannis was very recent, it doesn't count XD. And I didn't remember Duncan was born outside the US.

The more I listen to Jokic, the more I like him!! "Basketball is a simple sport. If I'm open, I score. If I'm not, I pass the ball". (Like if you read that with a thick eastern european accent).

I shall call him the Anti-LeBron.