Aaron Rodgers Says Dolphins, Seahawks The Top Suitors For QB Matt Flynn?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jan 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers on Wednesday told a Milwaukee radio station he sees the Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks as the “two top dogsâ€￾ in the race for backup quarterback Matt Flynn, expected to become an unrestricted free agent in March. This is based on a conversation with Flynn “in the last few days,â€￾ Rodgers said of his backup quarterback in Green Bay the past four years. “I think it’s a strong possibility that [the Dolphins] would make a run at him,â€￾ Rodgers said during his weekly appearance on ESPN Milwaukee. “I think it kind of makes sense. Joe [Philbin] in that system, which I’m sure is going to be very similar to this system, and Matt having a great grasp of that and playing well in his recent opportunities. I think it would kind of make sense to bring Matt out there.â€￾ Rodgers, taking a break from Pro Bowl “preparationsâ€￾ in Hawaii, was upbeat about Flynn’s chances to thrive in a new locale, whether it was under his former offensive coordinator or not. “I think with a talent like Matt, he would have success in just about any offense you plug him into,â€￾ Rodgers said. “I think you could see maybe a little bit more immediate success in an offense he’s very familiar with, so I think you have to look at Miami, obviously.â€￾ As for the Seahawks, their general manager John Schneider knows Flynn from his time in Green Bay. “John Schneider knows Matt and he’s pulling some strings up there with them,â€￾ Rodgers said. “I think that would be an opportunity for him up there. Those are probably, in my opinion, the two top dogs that would go after him. There’s got to be at least five or six teams who legitimately should take a look at Matt and see him being an immediate improvement over what they have at quarterback.â€￾

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Guy calls a couple plays in a meaningless game and all of a sudden he's a GM? Hey Rodgers....Discount Double Check!