Aaron Rodgers Would Support Packers Trading For Marshawn Lynch

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was asked Wednesday what he would say to the Packers if they asked for his opinion about a possible deal for disgruntled Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Rodgers' former Cal teammate. "Bring him on," Rodgers said, without hesitation. Not even with his character knocks? "He's a great player," Rodgers said of Lynch. "And any character issues the team might see, I think in a situation like that, and I think you've seen that with other players across the league, when you give a guy a change of scenery and a guy like that who feels he might have something to prove, and surround him with two guys, (Desmond) Bishop and myself who played with him...I think that can only help him feel comfortable and see a lot of production." Rodgers said the Packers have not asked him about Lynch, and that Rodgers and Lynch have not spoken. Yahoo! Sports columnist Michael Silver, another Cal grad, wrote a column about how much sense a Packers-Lynch union would make. Silver reported Lynch might not even be on the block and that before the draft, the Bills turned down an offer of a third-round pick and a player for Lynch.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

lynch or mcgahee could help them right now and both are available. trading for vets is not the packer-way though ......................

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

right, TT will hold on to his boy Jackson.
    I'm not sure if Lynch is the right choice, but on the other hand, if he can left his past behind he surely would be an upgrade over Jackson and this other guy TT signed lately

4. We'll give you D.J. Ware....:icon_cheesygrin:

Wouldn't be the first time we traded you guys a back.....:icon_wink:

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Id definitely take lynch or Mcgahee

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rodgers should be in favor of anything that will help take some pressure off of him...lol.

7. Bills may have their reasons for keeping Lynch but I really don't get why they have refused just about every offer for him.

Lynch is more trouble that he is worth and when a team takes another back in the top 10.....his long-term future doesn't seem so secure anyway.

The Laurence Maroney deal has pretty much set the market for any type of Lynch trade. If the Bills think they could get a third and a player now like they did during draft time....they have to be kidding themselves.

8. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

lynch for a fourth round pick.... sure.... he;s not worth the 3rd.... id bet any young legs would fix right on in....