According To Donovan McNabb, QB Robert Griffin III Is Brainwashed By Redskins

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Donovan McNabb continues to take all things RG3, all things Mike Shanahan and all things Redskins very personally.

That seems clear in the now-retired quarterback’s reaction to the apparent cold shoulder Robert Griffin III gave him in an article in an upcoming GQ magazine.

“I honestly think that over there in Washington, he’s getting brainwashed," McNabb said Tuesday on his daily talk show on the NBC Sports Radio network. “He’s getting input from whoever it may be on, ‘There’s no reason to talk to him, it didn’t work out here.’ "

McNabb added this: “I hope the best for the young man, but the direction he’s going in is really a direction he does not want to do. He does not want to go there with me, especially when I got the last word.â€

This dates back, at least, to May, when McNabb told the Washington Post he had offered to have a sitdown with his father, Griffin and Griffin’s father, but that he had never gotten a response from the quarterback. In the GQ article—actually, the author’s “outtakes†from the article—Griffin said, “I don’t think Donovan is an idiot by any means. But right now, it’s probably best that we don’t talk.’’

McNabb then shot back on his radio show: “I’m just trying to help him. Clearly the young generation, they think they have all the answers. He’s going through a little turmoil right now, trying to make it out on the field, and it’s unfortunate. But that’s where we’re at right now as far as these young quarterbacks who think they have all the answers. Until things start to fall apart and come down trembling on you, then you want some help. But it’s a shame."

His beef with the Redskins overall is based on his disastrous single season under Shanahan in 2010, when McNabb was benched late in the first half of a game and Shanahan later questioned his “cardiovascular endurance.†Later, various reports leaked out that McNabb never knew the offense. He was traded the following season.

Source: Sporting News

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

OMG the foolio is at it again...Jealous of RG3 and can't get over the fact that the Redskins didn't want to keep him...SHUT UP MCSCAB!!!

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I wish this turd would join gridironfans.com.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

McNabb has such a fragile ego for a professional athlete. I hate whenever he opens his mouth.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Can we set a filter on GIF so topics with the words 'According To Donovan McNabb' don't show up ever?

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

just a fat,old,out of shape,jealous butthole who loves bringing attention to himself no matter how stupid he makes himself look.

7. markaz

This pic has to be Photoshopped because he's doing something with his piehole that he's incapable of.

[​IMG]

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

A lot of brainwashed ppl in the league lately...

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Slow news day or not, reporters/journalist should be punished somehow for giving this guy a platform.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Loved rg3's reply later at the end of the article.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'd like this option for "Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Says" as well.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lately, Griffin keeping his mouth shut would be about as amazing as if McNabb were to do the same.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Still bitter about 2010 Donovan? Just shut up!

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Nobody's saying he won't listen to advice. Just not yours.

16. markaz

Try 1999 to 2011.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

Still think eagles fans were too tough on this guy ?

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you guys are too tough on everybody,including santa claus! lol:icon_cheesygrin:

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Did you get every single Christmas gift you've ever wanted? I haven't. Screw that fat butthole.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer