Actor James Best Dies At Age 88

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by 86WARD, Apr 8, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

James Best, whose prolific career included 83 movies and 600 TV shows but is best remembered for portraying Rosco P. Coltrane, the bumbling sheriff of Hazzard County, died late Monday in Hickory at age 88.

Best died in hospice after a brief illness of complications from pneumonia, said Steve Latshaw, a longtime friend and Hollywood colleague. Best had fallen ill with respiratory trouble on a cruise and never recovered.

His career included roles in such movies as “The Caine Mutiny” with Humphrey Bogart and “Shenandoah” with Jimmy Stewart. As a character actor in television, he was cast on popular shows like “Alfred Hitchcock Presents,” “Bonanza” and “The Andy Griffith Show.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/entertainment/tv/media-scene-blog/article17597600.html#storylink=cpy

[/paste:font]

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I don't remember him in anything but Dukes of Hazzard but still remember that character well. RIP

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Damn time flys. 88!

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Watching Dukes Of Hazzard with my family is one of those childhood memories that I'll always remember. My mother to this day will still do her awful impression of him saying, "Enos, you dipstick!".

RIP, James.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I remember watching it with my family and my Dad always complaining about how many cars they would wreck on tha show...lol

DawkinsINT likes this.
  6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Haha....my father used to always mention that too.

86WARD likes this.
  7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

he was in a lot of war movies and cowboy movies.