Adam Schefter Says Larry Johnson Wants To Sign With Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by ravenfan52, Nov 9, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Steelers can sign him to a deal that benefits them with minimal risk, that's not an issue. I'll still take him as a back up.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I was actually excited when I seen this on Monday Night Countdown, It's Willie Parker's last year in Pittsburgh. Larry Johnson is going to be a man behind another offensive line and a fresh start somewhere. I'd love to have the rushing attack of Rashard Mendenhall and Larry Johnson, I just don't see Pittsburgh bringing him in.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think that it is a possibility.....i really think a fresh start will do him good. hes a decent RB that is quality depth and would come cheap. think davenport, only more talented

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I would be stoked for this actually, he's not a Steelers character guy, but he could be.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

hey crowned. is saw you (and heard you) on the post-game interviews after last night's game. good job. :icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

he would help for a little while if you want him for the stretch run/playoffs. however, you don't want him to get a long-term deal. he's similar to T.O. in that respect. he's not going to stay happy in 1 place very long and you want him to always have something to prove to get any production out of him.

Oh, and also, keep him away from women. he likes to beat them up.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

this guy's been an embarrassment to PSU with his antics. but i think it would help having him that much closer to his family especially the old man perhaps giving him a chance to redeem himself.

7. K Train

so does harrison and so did davenport, the steelers arent the choir boys alot of people seem to think they are

8. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

The Steelers don't need him....I've heard the Redskins are interested...not a surprise since Portis got injured Sunday.

9. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

When was the last time Portis was truly effective?

10. K Train

last year he was 4th in rushing with 1487 and 9 TDs along with 28 receptions....thats pretty effective

11. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

My bad..I meant consistently. Seems like he's hurt alot. Apparently I missed his last season LOL.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

What do you call long-term? I think a two-year deal with the Steelers having the option for the second year at the league minimum (or close to it) with incentives isn't a bad deal for a back=up veteran RB. Couple dollars as a signing bonus...so if he was cut wouldn't be a big cap hit...