Affliction Payroll

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by SuperBeast, Jul 22, 2008.

1. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Affliction Payroll

2. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

that has to be wrong..how the heck can Fedor not get a win bonus?? let alone be paid less than arslovsky and sylvia?

3. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Fedor's contract with M-1 Global which worked in conjunction with Affliction, pays him $1.2 million every fight. So he made $1.5 mill for the win over Sylvia and Afflictions portion of the tab was $300k. That's how I understand it anyways. I've read that a couple times on another forum.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Thanks Garnett, that makes sense!

I'm pretty sure that was Sylvia's biggest pay check ever.

The UFC doesn't pay their fighters this much do they?

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

plus this makes no mention of PPV percentages and product percentages...

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

PPV is where the big money is made.

1,000,000 viewers a $40 a pop is huge!!

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I can dig up some of the UFC payrolls. They've never paid a fighter more then $500k for a single fight. I've had a major issue with UFC payrolls a couple years ago and still do to an extent. They have notoriously kept the entire ppv payroll under $1 million to the fighters not including fight bonuses or ppv cuts. Affliction is taking a loss because they've signed a lot of big name fighters for a lot of money. The predicted PPV buys for Affliction I've heard are going to be about 50,000. We'll see though.

I just read rumors that the promoter there is expecting over 100,000 buys. I'm suspicious of that because of how empty the arena was during the show.

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Liddell got 500k...don't know what Randy was getting...

9. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I know. Liddell was the highest paid UFC fighter. Arlovski got 450k during his highest. Randy was making close to this as well. Many other guys were making 3-10k for their fights as well.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Yeah, I've got issues with what Dana and the Fertitta's are paying their fighters...

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I think affliction is overpaying to attract as much talent as possible..and they will succeed...a lot of UFC fighters will bolt unless the pay rate goes up..

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You are right BO

The UFC is going global now, I wonder what the impact will be as they dominate the sport, and allow wrestling rules (because that is what it took to get sanctioned) to keep dominating the sport.

Anderson Silva being the exception to the rule.

13. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Affliction is expecting a loss on their first couple of events. The latest rumor now is that their 2nd event, will have significantly less fighter pay because they need the company to stay afloat long enough so it can become self sustaining.

14. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

arlslovsky's agent said his fighter would still be paid the same..

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Who's his agent?

16. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

khorlinsky? its his management company actually...posted in an article on sherdog...but im too lazy to find it...

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Not that big of a deal really, Arlovski is a big name in MMA, he will probably get his paycheck.

Who else is on the next card?

18. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

lazy hecker..go find out and tell us..lol...

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm here for news hecker!!!

:spankbottom:

By the way, when is it scheduled for?

:popcorn:

20. mouse

mouse Starter

ARLOVSKI IS FITTING BARNETT ON THE NEXT CARD. LINDLAND WILL BE FIGHTIN VITOR AS WELL.

AFLICTION WON'T BE AROUND LONG WITH THESE PAYROLLS THOUGH.