Affliction Payroll

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by SuperBeast, Jul 22, 2008.

1. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

do you know who owns Affliction?

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Donald Trump is not the sole owner. He's just a contributing partner. If he goes all in, then they can stay afloat longer. Keep in mind that the Fertitas and Dana White lost money for years on the UFC. TUF and the Spike contract brought UFC from barely turning profits to HUGE. If Affliction gets some more exposure, then they maybe able to last.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Well they are getting the exposure with these big names they are bankrolling...

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

They are getting some exposure, but they will need a lot more. The UFC has counter programed every organization that's tried to compete w/ it (Elite XC and Affliction). They will continue too. There are still a lot of people who think of MMA as solely Ultimate Fighting. They don't realize other organizations even exist.

5. mouse

mouse Starter

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT BANKROLLING. THEY PROBABLY LOST MONEY ON THEIR FIRST CARD. AFFLICTION SAID THEY DID OVER 100K PPV'S WHICH ISN'T ALL THAT GREAT ANYWAYS, BUT OTHER INSIDERS HAVE REPORTED IT WAS MORE LIKE BETWEEN 50K AND 75K.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I have no doubt UFC will continue to compete against their competition, this is a business after all, but MMA is the fastest growing spectator sport in the U.S. (and probably the world, unless cricket is finally catching on)...

I'm talking about the long haul here dude.

There will always be fighters that will fight just for the love of it, and the more fighters there are the greater the competition.

Fedor is still relatively young, there is no way he will be ignored, or the UFC will lose all legitimacy in the sport, and be done for.

Fans want to see the BEST fighters fight the BEST fighters.

The UFC will eventually cave, trust me.

I believe that they lost money, no doubt about it.

What I'm saying is that they did get viewers to watch, and it will only grow....