Agent Hoping Packers Keep FS Charles Woodson

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It's all quiet on the Midwestern front but agent Carl Poston also realizes decision time may be nearing for Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

"I guess the Packers have to make a decision," Poston said. "Is having Charles out there worth $11 million a year? I would think so because he's one of the better defensive players. He's not what he was but he's much more valuable than most defensive players, period."

Green Bay could wait until late July if Thompson feels the Packers could absorb Woodson's cap figure throughout free agency. But there are also extensions to Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and/or B.J. Raji for Green Bay to consider. A decision on Woodson may come before the first official day of the 2013 league year - March 12.

Thompson didn't give Woodson any assurances he'd be back, but to the agent no news is good news.

"They haven't said anything to the contrary," he said, "so we're assuming he's going to be back. There's always a tradeoff. I'm sure there's something we could work out if there's more guaranteed money in the deal."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  2. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Woodson is beyond his prime and not worth such a big deal anymore. We need to go on with younger guys and be focused on the future.
    I can see another great player retire in green and gold....

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, reports are that the packers are going to release woodson

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yep...and he doesn't sound happy...lol.