Agent Says Packers WR Donald Driver Is Happy With His Deal

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, May 29, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Donald Driver's agent has refuted rumors that the Green Bay receiver is unhappy with his contract. Driver is working out in Houston instead of attending the team's voluntary workouts, a decision that only fed into rumors. "Donald is training in Texas," agent Jordan Woy wrote in an e-mail to the Journal-Sentinel. "It is not a mandatory camp and the Packers understand this." Driver is due to make $6.1 million this season and $7 million in 2010. "Oh, I'm happy," Driver said of his contract when asked by WITI-TV Fox6 in Milwaukee. "They always say when you get later in your career you go out there and do your best and hopefully you'll get what you deserve."

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

ya so this is just another case of a vet spending time w/ the fam before really reporting to camp. i'm not sure what kind of money other #2 wr's in the nfl are making but this has to be respectiable. i always thought Driver was a Hines ward kinda player but w/o the hitting you and ripping off your face mentality. He does his job, loves football and has been a team player. Driver should know his role, hes gettin old as a wr but can still break one and greg jennings is the big play man and go to guy. i really really hope he retires a packer.