Agent To Try And Free Up John Fox For Cleveland Job?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Jan 3, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bob LaMonte, the agent for many NFL head coaches, will be busy this week trying to reach an agreement on an extension for Panthers head coach John Fox -- or trying to free him from his one remaining year in Carolina. If Fox becomes available, he would surely be a candidate in Cleveland once Mike Holmgren decides to fire current coach Eric Mangini. Speaking of LaMonte, word around the league is that when he was doing Holmgren's deal in Cleveland, the only thing he didn't get from owner Randy Lerner was a percent of interest in his English soccer team.

Source: National Football Post

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

What Cleveland job? I was unaware that there was an opening in Cleveland.

3. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Pay attention, since Eric Mangini may not be there long there may very well be an opening.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I know, I was just mocking the media. My beef is with the media automatically assuming coaches will be fired and things happening like this while the coaches are still employed. I don't think teams should be allowed to contact potential head coaching candidates until there's an opening. Like Shanahan and Cowher putting together coaching staffs -- it's ridiculous.

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

That wold be pretty sick for Cleveland if they could pull this off. Holmgren in the front office and Fox as coach.

6. G Killette

G Killette Rookie

I hope Cleveland Like alternating Good Seasons.

And FTR, I would drive the Moving truck!

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Seeing's how Cleveland has had 3 or 4 winning seasons in the past 20 years I'm sure they could live with that.