Alabama CB Dee Milliner Runs Blazing 40-Yard Dash, Solidifying Top-10 Draft Status

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 26, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Alabama's Dee Milliner, already considered the top player at the position, proved he's also one of the fastest cornerbacks in the draft. Milliner ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 seconds, behind only Mississippi State's Darius Slay's 4.36.

"That's outstanding," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "That just answered a bunch of questions right there. Now we can look at Dee Milliner, at six feet, 201 pounds with 32-inch arms, with a 4.31 unofficial 40, Mr. Milliner, welcome to the top 10."

Hall of Fame cornerback Deion Sanders also had some high praise for Milliner during the combine broadcast.

"We know that he can bump and run," Sanders said. "I love the fact that he's been working on his off coverage. That says a lot about his expectation and what he's preparing himself for. I love his swag, man. I love his swagger, I love his confidence. I love the aura about him. When I spent some time with him yesterday, before he did his interviews, he had swag out of this world."

Milliner wasn't as smooth as some of his peers in the backpedal drills, a technique that wasn't a focus in Alabama's aggressive coverage schemes. According to NFL Network analyst Charles Davis, Milliner has been working with former Chicago Bears cornerback Jeremy Lincoln this offseason to improve on that skill.

"One of the things he's been working on is 85 percent of what he did in college was essentially press coverage, so they've been working on his backpedal a lot," Davis said. "He tackles well, he diagnoses well, he's a good film study kid. I think the only question we had about him coming in was answered today with his speed."

Source: MLive.com

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

milliner, amerson, rhodes, trufant...all bigger corners ran very fast today

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Re: Alabama CB Dee Milliner Runs Blazing 40-Yard Dash, Solidifying Top-10 Draft Statu

Is Amerson back to being a CB now. There has been a lot of FS talk.

Overall better class then the last two years even though there us no Peterson or Claiborne

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

amerson still plays better with the ball in front of him, hes still an incredible safety prospect, he might be given a shot at CB but FS is his home

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Re: Alabama CB Dee Milliner Runs Blazing 40-Yard Dash, Solidifying Top-10 Draft Statu

I think he can sneak into the first in a weak Safety class

Sent from my HTC Vivid