ALDS Rays Vs Rangers: Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by themush, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

If anyone is going to Tampa, it's the Rays, ALONE, mush!:icon_smile:

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

So here we are Ranger fans. Not going to the game so I'll be here allllllll night.

Don't wait if/when your team does well to spew your crap. See ya at 8.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'm so anxious. We'll soon find out if this game means as much to Lee as it does to the organization and it's fans.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

really am lookin forward to this game tonight. im pullin for the rangers tonight

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Damn Yankee fans...

[​IMG]

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

lets go rays

1 person likes this.
  7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Good luck Mush!

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Thank you chica!!!!!!!!

9. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

Looks like Yankees might for sure be winning another championship!

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

based on their stumbling into the wildcard or their needing to comeback in games against a pretty crapty minnesota team that they should have dominated.

11. keemNicks

keemNicks Team Veteran

they have never lost to MN when they were trailing to them. And stumbling? We were neck and neck for first place the entire time.

12. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hell of a start from Cliff Lee once again, like deja vu for Rays fans exact same score from game 1. Great 120 pitch effort. Lol 90 of his pitches were strikes, that's so sick. Some great baserunning from the guys also great to see Kinsler and Cruz come through for us all series long. Great effort from the Rays getting back into the series and taking it too a game 5. I'm so estatic been waiting so long for this and now were into the 2nd round and playing good ball.

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Breaking out the Champagne goggles!

14. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

You cannot be serious. The Yankees starters gave up 5er all series to the third ranked offense in baseball. Let's not even talk about the Yankees lineup. Cliff Lee isn't starting until game 3.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The twins are far from crapty. Last time I checked, they play in a division that's tougher than the AL west. Not to mention had equal starting pitching and a better lineup than the rangers.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The AL Central was pretty bad this year. I'd say the AL West and Central are about on the same level. The Twins easily had the weakest rotation coming into the playoffs and a lineup without their best player Morneau just isn't the same.

16. ragman

Rep!

I think the Yankees are just getting old. I don't think they're what they used to be.

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Maybe their pitching isn't what it used to be but their lineup is loaded with power that those world series teams never had. You have a guy like Granderson in the 8 spot who could belt 30 HR's a year and has speed to burn. Yankees are going to need to cut down on their strikeouts if they wanna win the series.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Gotta love how Cliff Lee didn't even turn around to make sure the final out was caught

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVj9ZCGmM0c&feature=player_embedded#]YouTube - Rangers Post-Game Celebration ALDS[/ame]!

1 person likes this.
  18. ragman

Thanks for posting that, Roy.

Great to see.

19. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

The AL central had two teams over .500. The al west had 1. The Yankees starting pitching has no issues. Any issues were put to rest the last series. The twins played fine without JM. They had the best record in baseball after the all star break. The rangers aren't pitching against a weak Rays lineup this series. No Cliff Lee until game 3. There's a reason why the Yankees are heavy favorites here.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, a whole one team's difference.