Antrel Rolle Guarantees A Playoff Berth For Giants

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Dec 21, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It wasn't Joe Namath or Mark Messier or Patrick Ewing or even Jim "Pushing My Chips to the Center" Fassel but Antrel Rolle, in his own way, did guarantee that the Giants are going to the playoffs. "I don't think it, I know it," Rolle declared yesterday. "That's because that's what's going to happen." None of the confidence was knocked out of Rolle after the Giants allowed a 31-10 fourth-quarter lead to dissolve into an epic 38-31 loss to the Eagles on Sunday, all-but wiping out any shot of the Giants winning the NFC East. Still, the Giants can clinch an NFC wild-card playoff berth if they beat the Packers on Sunday in Green Bay and Rolle has no doubt about the outcome of that game. "I know it's going to happen this weekend," he insisted. "I have no doubt. I said it's going to happen, it's going to happen." Rolle said the Giants have what it takes, despite their incredible meltdown against the Eagles. "It's either fight or flight, and we ain't running," Rolle said. "We're here to stay for the long haul, and we're gonna give it everything we got. If everything we got is not good enough, then so be it, but I definitely believe that it is."

Source: New York Post

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. Right on......:peace:

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Back it up.

4. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

proved to me last week....everything you got... is not good enough.... maybe giants will play 60 mins this sunday... but they will still lose.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Unless Rodgers plays, they are in. Flynn ain't gonna make it happen.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We got dominated for 52 minutes. They have a very good team. Packers are going to be underdogs going into this game.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Ehhh the turnover leading to the last vagiant TD shouldn't have been called and would have been challenged if the Eagles had gotten the replay like they were supposed to. That is likely a 14 point swing there. It wasn't AS dominating a performance as Giants fans like to tell themselves. Dimitri Patterson got dominated for sure but the rest of it was closer then the score made it look. Giants are an imminently beatable team. Especially now that their collective spirit is surely broken. Flynn has shown he can move the offense and put of some points. A couple EliNTs and I could easily see the Packers blowing the Giants out.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If it were in Lincoln Financial Field North, as Phigles so eloquently put it, I think it would be a total blowout courtesy of the Giants. Being in Green Bay it will be closer, but Giants take out their frustrations on the Pack.

9. Dude....your totally delusional.

Get the heck out with that nonsense.

10. The Eagles may have pulled out that miraculous win....but Vick didn't exactly look like Superman for 3 1/2 quarters.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

What did I say that wasn't fact?

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Did I say he did?

13. How many times Vick was sacked, pressured, hurried and hit?

How many catches DeSean Jackson had through three quarters?

How many plays 30+ yards the Eagles had before the final quarter?

How many total yards the Eagles had entering the the final quarter?

Not even the Chicago Bears dominated Vick the way the Giants did in this game. The Eagles had under 200 total yards gained entering the fourth quarter. The score was 31-10 with about 8 minutes left even though the Eagles had that miraculous comeback.

The Maclin and Jackson turnover's could've gone in the Eagles' favor....but it didn't. Reid would've been more under fire had the Eagles not had that comeback for not challenging the Jackson turnover.

You think that just happens at Meadowlands Stadium? Oh...I'm sure Lincoln Financial Field would give us that luxury. :icon_rolleyes: Give me a break. It happens on every teams' home stadium.

The Giants had a very good game plan limiting the big plays from the Eagles and not just focusing on containing Vick like the last meeting. The Giants held Jackson catchless until the fourth quarter and made him, Vick and Maclin look pedestrian until the final 8 minutes.

The Giants have the ability to stop Michael Vick, whether you like it or not....they just have to finish the deal.

You guys really can't be happy even after a win.

14. No.....I would never expect the truth to come out of you. :peace:

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I just might surprise you then.......
    [NSFW]Eagles humiliated the Jersey Giants in their house and in front of their guido fans by showing that they could spot them 21 points for 3.5 quarters and STILL wipe the field with em and drop 28 points in 8 minutes.
    That enough TRUTH coming out of me for ya?[/NSFW]

16. "Spot" them 21 points. Don't make me laugh.

You sound like the Eagles could make that comeback 100 times out of a 100.

The only other team to comeback from such a deficit in that amount of time or less in the fourth quarter was the 2003 Indianapolis Colts vs. the Buccaneers. Down 35-14 with 5:05 left in the game and the Colts came back to win in O.T. 38-35.

I don't regret calling that game over after New York was up 31-10 with about 8 minutes left. Any other intelligent fan would've done the same.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I've already admitted you guys kicked our butt for 52 minutes...

but you aren't the first team we have points on in a hurry. It's not like it was a fluke. We have the #1 offense in the league. It's what we do. Your team should be happy you got 3.5 good quarters against us.

We've beat you twice this year, and yet you're talking like you have the ability to stop Vick? Our offense has put up 27 points and 31 points against your D. I wouldn't say you exactly have our number

And we really can't be happy even after a win? Are you out of your mind? Our offense showed it can put up 21 points in minutes, our defense stepped it up and quickly extinguished the offense, and our special teams made some ridiculous plays.

I'm not sure if I've ever been MORE happy about this team.

I'll bet Reid wasn't crying in a dark room after the win.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Truth.

But you really can't be happy with that performance!

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It doesn't matter how you wanna slice it. Your team might have proved that they could contain Vick for awhile, but they also proved that they could completely collapse in all three phases of the game at the drop of a dime.

20. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Let's try to steer this back toward Rolle's guarantee. Go to the GD thread if you want to.