Anyone Interested In Doing A GIF Collaborative Mock?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Walnuts, Feb 20, 2012.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

No trades

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

no Ditkaing

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Good god no trades, the thing is complex enough getting everyone to do their picks.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Okay so I reckon its about time to get this up and running. We could use a couple more people so I'll give it a few more days but at this point it looks like a handful of people are going to need to take 3 teams to make this work. Any volunteers?

Also, it looks like the prevailing opinion says no trades so we'll just do it straight up.

[MENTION=2074]cpgobrowns[/MENTION], [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION], [MENTION=1907]the snowman[/MENTION], [MENTION=2392]CStevenson13[/MENTION], [MENTION=1989]adammwilson[/MENTION], [MENTION=1535]mj1987us26[/MENTION], [MENTION=1359]andy82[/MENTION], [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION], [MENTION=1753]Jihad Joe[/MENTION], [MENTION=1390]K Train[/MENTION], [MENTION=2368]Starkiller501[/MENTION], [MENTION=2081]127[/MENTION]

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ill take 3. Now that I got tapatalk I can be on much more

BTW, dont know if I get PMs through that, so if you see me posting and Im not answering a PM, mention it on the forum

6. I will take 3

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Didn't do it last year, got a link for last years game/rules, etc. to see if I want to take another team on?

8. markaz

Hell you know teams, draft, players, etc you should take five (5).

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Do you get @ mentions? I dont think that was an available feature of the site this time last year, it could be used w/the PM rule to make sure everyone gets their notifications.

Part of the game (short of getting 32 people to play) is having to pick for more than one team...one of your choice, one randomly assigned, and a potenital third if you want. Here's the link to last years pick thread with the rules, discussion is in another thread (link is in the OP). It went amazingly well last year, everyone did really well for the most part keeping everything rolling along smoothly and we actually finished 7 rounds, which I've never seen done in one of these games before.
    http://gridironfans.com/forums/nfl-...gif-collaborative-mock-draft-pick-thread.html

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I dont think so. The tapatalk is something I just started using. It has a PM box, but I dont get notifications.

Actually to simplify everything Ill just check the box when I log in from my phone

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

You get email on your phone? I have my PM settings set to where I get an email notification when I get a PM on the site, that way even if I cant make the pick right then and there I know Im up.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[MENTION=777]Walnuts[/MENTION], if you'd like feel free to send me a message I can mass PM members with on the mock.

13. markaz

If after [MENTION=1]SteveRobWhatever[/MENTION] sends out a PM and no-one claims the KC Chiefs, I'll take them as well. Two (2) teams max for me.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Lets give it a little longer, in a couple days if we're not covered we can go that route.

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I think it should wait until about a week past free agency.

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

FA starts a week from today if I'm not mistaken, so fire this thing up two weeks from today? That sounds good to me. FA will definitely change some drafting strategies and it will still give us a month to finish before the draft so plenty of time there.

17. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

2 weeks works. 2 teams max for me. We all remember how last year worked out, with me having 3 teams

There again, I had almost no idea what I was doing

18. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

are we allowed to change their position? like 4-3 de to olb for 3-4.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Pass rusher is a pass rusher, but don't say a guy like Poe is a 4-3 end.

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I don't think there's any way to restrict something like that, just know if you go making big reaches for conversion guys, some people might not be thrilled.