Atlanta Thrashers Sold; Preparing To Be Moved To Winnipeg

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by themush, May 31, 2011.

1. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

True North Sports and Entertainment has completed its deal to purchase the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers, clearing the way to move them to Winnipeg. True North announced the deal at a news conference Tuesday at MTS Centre in Winnipeg, the arena the team will call home next season, pending league approval. he deal bringing the NHL back to Manitoba is worth $170 million, including a $60 million relocation fee that will be split by the rest of the league, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun. "It's nice to be back in Winnipeg after all these years," said NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, who attended the news conference. Thrashers co-owner Bruce Levenson said despite the time, effort and resources spent trying to keep the team in Atlanta, it wasn't meant to be. "This is not the outcome we wanted and it's extremely disappointing that a buyer or significant investor did not come forward that would enable us to keep the team in Atlanta," Levenson said.

Source ESPN

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

As it should be!

3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

not a shocker here. the NHL has too many teams

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

They aren't contracting team SG, they just relocated one.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Screwin buttholes the NHL made 60 mil If I ain't mistaken from this deal....

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

amazing it took two tries to realize hockey won't work in atlanta.

7. panthergrl

panthergrl One and Only GTO Woman

With this move,I fear my Fla Panthers will follow the same fate! The Owners and Management of this team sucks azz,and dont know their azzes from a hole in the ground! 10 yrs of being in a playoff drought! WTF???? If and when it happens,sad to say it wouldnt surprise me.

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Hate da stinkin' Panters.

9. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

At the end of the day if you lose enough money they look to move so