Baseball Offseason Transactions Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Roy31, Dec 10, 2009.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Lee/Halladay in the starting rotation would have made the Phils absolutely unstoppable for years to come. (Captain Obvious here). Too bad.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

well there was no way we were going to sign both anyway. just feel we shouldve held onto him this season to at have one year we both of them.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I think as long as the Phillies keep making playoffs, Halladay will retire a Phillie.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Garrett Atkins to the Orioles, now they thinking of getting Holliday.
    Nick Johnson to the Yanks, big stink.

5. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

Nick Johnson back to the Yanks? Wow,didn't think that would happen

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Lowell to Texas trade has been called off...

Lowell needs surgery so were not dealing for him. Thank god, or Santa I suppose.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Braves trade Javiar Vazquez and Boone Logan to the Yankees for Melky Cabrera and Mike Dunn.

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

updated Braves.

Atlanta Signed:
    P Billy Wagner
    P Takashi Saito
    1B Troy Glaus

Atlanta Arbitration Signed:
    P Rafeal Soriano
    OF Matt Diaz

Atlanta Trades:
    P Rafeal Soriano To Tampa Bay from Atlanta Braves
    P Jesse Chavez to Atlanta Braves from Tampa Bay

P Boone Logan To New York Yankees From Atlanta Braves
    P Javier Vazquez To New York Yankees From Atlanta Braves
    P Michael Dunn To Atlanta Braves From New York Yankees
    CF Melky Cabrera To Atlanta Braves From New York Yankees

Became Free Agents:
    2B Kelly Johnson
    OF Ryan Church
    1B Adam Laroche

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

braves are gonna be tough.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Giants sign Mark DeRosa for 2 years, $12 million.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Jason Bay is a f*g sellout, going to the Mets. Yeah cause they are such a great team he wants to go play for a winning Mets team. This move doesn't really make the Mets any better in my opinion, It's still Phillys division and will be for a while. Seriously why would you sign with the mets.

12. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I really wanted him over Polanco

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Cubbies signed Marlon Byrd, I thought they learned there lesson when we let Bradley go in free agency after a career year and they gave him a big multi year deal. 3 Years 15 Mil for Byrd isn't too bad though, he's a solid all round player and I think will do better than Bradley did when he went there. I kind of wanted to keep Byrd down here though, but were going young at that position. Probably Borbon going to replace him.

Go to the Texas Rangers to revive your career, if your a position player lol. It's well known.

14. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Source: MLB.com

15. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Mike Cameron was their first choice but apparently they were waiting to unload Bradley first to free up some cash and of course Cameron had signed elsewhere by then.

I'm not thrilled with Byrd but compared to the alternatives they were alleged to be looking at......I can live with it. He will play CF and allow Fukudome to slide back over to RF where Kosuke is stronger defensively.

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I hope we lock up Vlad... We offered a 1 year contract but he wants 2 years, we gotta buck up and give him a multi year deal. He's goign to tear it up in arlington stadium.

17. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Royals signed Scott Podsednik. Combine that with Jason Kendall, and I want to shoot myself in the freaking head.

18. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Your a royals fan? damn those are terrible signings. Just god awful. Who the hell could possibly want Kendall, I'd keep him as far away from my team as possible. And Podsednik well he's a decent role player but all in all a couple of bad pickups.

VLAD!!! is a texas Ranger... I'm happy we signed him and not Dye, it's just too bad we didn't give him a 2 year contract cause I can already see what's going to happen. He's going to bat around 280ish and hit 30 Home Runs and drive in 90 or so and then he'll walk in free agency receiving a nice multi year deal.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

astros signed bret myers. have fun with that one houston. as a #3 he should do well but keep him out of the clubs, he tends to get excited.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

phillies sign victorino, blanton and durbin. talking with ruiz.