Be Your Team's GM

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by CStevenson13, Feb 11, 2010.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id be surprised if hughes and stuckey fell that far

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I can dream...

3. K Train

touche haha

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

1.1 Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee (Assuming top 5 is (in no order) Clausen, Suh, McCoy, Okung, Bradford)
    1.2 Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (If he falls that far, thanks to bad knee)
    2 Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech (#1 Back and thunder to Forsett's lightning. Julia Jones gets to FREAK OFF)
    3 Traded to the Eagles for Deon Butler
    4 Brandon Lang, DE, Troy (DL Depth never hurts, Kerney Aging, Tapp FA, Redding FA)
    5 Sergio Render, G, Virginia Tech (Zone blocking linemen a must in a ZBS!!)
    6 Devin Ross, CB, Arizona (Secondary depth - we have nothing behind Trufant and Wilson)
    7 Aaron Pettrey, K, Ohio State (Olindo Mare is 37? 38? and a FA)

5. K Train

bradford will certainly not go top 5, he'll go top 20

love the dwyer and lang picks

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I reckon he goes #4 to Washington. If he makes it out the top 5, Seattle will have him at 6, Cleveland at 7 or Buffalo at 9. No way he makes it out of the top 10!

7. K Train

i think you would be surprised how far he will fall.

no way washinton takes a QB not named clausen

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Nice draft top to bottom, love the Dwyer pick....Ross wont be there because we are gonna take him at the end of the 5th lol

9. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Ok with no Devin Ross I'd take Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky or Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon.

10. CStevenson13

All good picks, i think they all project as good nickel corners in the league

11. Exactly.

Those things can be fixed. If Cody can get around at least 350 pounds, he'll crack the first round. I can see someone take a flier on him late in the first based on potential alone.

I like him alot because he takes up plenty of space and would free up our pass rushers to create pressure and get to the quarterback. Tuck, Umenyoria and Kiwanuka would greatly benefit from him.

12. CStevenson13

Yea you dont see space eaters with that athleticism come around everyday, if he shows a commitment thru the workout process he'll be taken in the first, late 2nd.

13. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

The Cowboys better draft an offensive lineman with their first pick or I am going to throw my t.v. out of the window. Their line is getting old and we need to get young and solid at that position...and you can't do that by drafting a buch of "project" players like Brewster.

14. K Train

you cant just say that, at 27 you cant just say you better draft an offensive lineman. BPA is always the way to go

if the best lineman available was charles brown and they took him i would throw my tv out the window if i was you

15. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Dez Bryant baby.

16. K Train

i also keep forgetting thaddeus gibson has declared, hes my guy, i will never leave him out of a mock again lol

im saying he'll be a second rounder, im conceding that theres no way in hell pouncey will be there at 52

17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Pouncey has the scheme and position versatility to push him into the top of the second round, so not really any chance at 52.

He's pretty athletic too so after the combine he might be late 1st.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I said i hated the idea before, but Im starting to get on board with the idea of Pouncey in the first

I want to see us grab 2 OL in the first 3 rounds, and Im hoping they are Pouncey and Ciron Black, and both are polished and ready to play in the NFL

19. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Here's my go as GM of the Chiefs.

Round 1 - (5th) Russell Okung LT - Oklahoma St
    Immediately improves the offensive line in 3 positions (Albert to G, Waters to C)
    Round 2 - (36th) Brandon Ghee CB - Wake Forest
    Sets up solid corners for KC for the next 6-7 years
    Round 2 - (50th) Myron Rolle SS - Florida State
    A smart and talented player fits the Pioli mold and fills position of need
    Round 3 - (69th) Jarrett Brown QB - West Virginia
    Great size and big arm, will have the chance to learn for a couple of years
    Round 4 - (100th) Mardy Gilyard WR/KR - Cinncinati
    Immediately fills a KR need and provides big play ability as the #3 receiver
    Round 5 - (133rd) Donald Butler LB - Washington
    Good run stuffer in the middle
    Round 5 - (139th) Dennis Pitta TE - BYU
    Great size and hands, works well in zones, will need to improve blocking to become starter
    Round 5 - (144th) Antonio Coleman LB - Auburn
    Move from DE to OLB in the NFL, has the potential to be a solid rush linebacker
    Round 6 - (164th) Al Woods NT - LSU
    Could complete the all LSU defensive line

20. K Train

al woods to KC would be pretty funny

mardy gilyard is a fringe first talent, alot of teams have him as #1 or #2 believe it or not....he will not get out of the second