Be Your Team's GM

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by CStevenson13, Feb 11, 2010.

1. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I agree Gilyard wont see 3rd let alone the 4th. I like the draft tho, Pitta is another one of my fav's, the guy just knows how to get open. Jarrett Brown is more of a luxury pick imo.

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I just see this draft stacked with WR talent. Gilyard doesn't have the size that would lead teams to believe he could beat press coverage. Probably too much wishful thinking on my part.

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

^I thought the same of him too until i saw him in mobile. The guy is crafty, more explosive then i thought tho he's not a burner. K-Train was dead on, he's a little slower santonio holmes.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  4. Just a quick combine update. Terrance Cody dropped about 20 pounds and weighed in at 354 pounds at the combine this morning.

Like I mentioned previously, if Cody got around the 350 pound range, he'd could climb back into the first round and it appears that he could very well be gone when we pick at #47 overall in the second round. His weight and conditioning were big questions about him and it appears hes gotten that under control. I'll shake my draft up a bit when I return after the combine.

5. First Round: Brandon Spikes - MLB - University of Florida

Second Round: LaMarr Houston - DT - University of Texas

Third Round:
    Major Wright - S - University of Florida

Fourth Round: Brandon Carter - OG - Texas Tech

Fifth Round:
    George Selvie - DE - South Florida

Sixth Round: Zoltan Mesko - P - University of Michigan

Seventh Round: Chris Carter - WR - UC Davis

6. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Selvie won't last until the 5th round will he?

7. Selvie had a steep decline in his numbers the past two seasons after notching 14.5 sacks as a sophomore. He never had more than 5.5 sacks in a season before or since. He could very well drop to the fifth round unless he posts good combine numbers.

Its also possible that he could be well gone before then, with the high demand of pass rushers in the league these days.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Solidifies my Ted Washington comparison

9. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I'm kinda hoping Cody slips to the second round still. I'm learning to appreciate him.

10. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

1a. Earl Tomas
    1b. Anthony Davis
    2. Sean Lee
    3. Jacoby Ford
    4. Trindon Holliday
    5. Antonio Coleman
    6. Chris Hawkins
    7. Joseph, Linval

11. Brandon Spikes came in as advertised measuring at 6'3 and weighing in at 249 pounds. He dropped about 10 pounds which could help him in his 40 but he has told teams that he doesn't plan on running at the combine. Bummer.

I was really looking forward on seeing him put any questions about his long speed aside but his decision could affect his draft status. He probably plans to wait until the Florida Pro Day to run the 40.