Bears QB Jay Cutler Curses Out Offensive Lineman J'Marcus Webb

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Bears quarterback was caught by cameras dressing down offensive lineman J'Marcus Webb on the sidelines of Thursday night’s game and even chest-bumping the left tackle after telling him “get your f----- head into the game,’’ Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun Times reports.

Cutler couldn’t avoid getting sacked by the Packers seven times in the 23-10 loss, and he definitely wasn’t avoiding questions about publicly calling out an offensive line that he’s taken numerous shots at since last May.

“I care about this,’’ Cutler said of the incident with Webb. “This isn’t just a hobby for me. If we’re not doing things the right way, I’m going to say something. If they want a quarterback that doesn’t care then they better get someone else.’’

It was the week leading up to the Colts game that Cutler last called out the offensive line, turning a question about the improved weapons around him into an “or else’’ on the shoulders of the offensive line.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

jay knew what a mismatch that was going into that game

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

7 sacks is way too many.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

yea ridiculous

6. K Train

roethlisberger gets sacked like 5-6 times a game, and that hardly ever affects the outcome of the game. Cutler does the same thing ben does in hold the ball too long but the problem is that he puts them in a hole by throwing off his back foot with horrible mechanics. It doesnt take anything off his velocity, but his accuracy becomes terrible

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

everyone wants to dump on the bears o-line, and, granted they aren't great, but some of those sacks were either 'coverage' sacks or Cutler not being able to make a decision and holding onto the ball too long, which Cutler is known to do.

But, unlike guys like Ben that can hold onto the ball to extend the play, Cutler can't shake a tackle so he ends up just eating a lot of sacks when he should have made a decision or thrown the ball away.

i think i've decided that Jay Cutler is Drew Bledsoe physically and Jeff George mentally.

not a good combo.

8. K Train

that would just make him kerry collins

hes definitely faster than bledsoe by a lot

9. CaptainStubing

kerry collins is a good comparison. yep, i like that one.

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I would have cussed out all my lineman after that...

11. ball in the baskett

the packers D did damn good yesterday covering the bears recievers so he dident have anywhere to throw marshall was covered ridiculously well. When your oline isnt doing well and coverage is good games like this will happen cutler will bounce back from it.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

This is news how?

I guarantee there were 1000's of Bear fans screaming the same thing at their big screen.

Way to go, Jay...

13. ball in the baskett

agreed its better then a qb just putting his head down and being down about it. You can tell jay cutler loves the game and is passionate about it.

14. CaptainStubing

On one of the sports radio shows today, they were talking about how much grief Cutler catches when he gets fired up like he did, yet guys like Brady and Rodgers do it all the time and no one thinks twice about it.

They brought up a good point which I believe is probably true......... guys like Cutler and Philip Rivers catch hell when they do it because they are basically sour-faced, grumpy-looking guys and Brady and rodgers are more likable personalities so people give them free passes.

Rivers or Cutler could do/say the exact same thing as someone like Brady, Peyton, or Rodgers but it wouldn't be viewed the same.

Perception is reality.

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yea cutler gets a bad rap from media outside of Chicago for the most part. He has a reputation for being a douchebag with a bad attitude and being short with the media. But listen to him every Monday at noon on the waddle and silvy show on espn radio in Chicago. The guy is really funny and likeable.

16. ball in the baskett

heck the media there biased as crap all they care about is there ratings thats why

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

One thing I heard on the post game interview that was great... Irvin was talking about how he is perfectly okay with Cutler calling out his teammates, holding them accountable. But just once he'd like to see Cutler, after making a crapty throw or bad mistake, tap his palm on the chest and say 'My bad' or 'Sorry that was on me'.

I never thought about it, but I have never seen Cutler do that. Ever. He either looks at the refs to snitch, looks at a teammate like they did something wrong, or sulks his way over to the bench.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

No. It's because Brady and Rodgers are winners. And when you got that bling bling on your hand and you are the reason all of your teammates have it, you get a crapload more respect from everyone.