Bears QB Jay Cutler Takes A Shot At Denver's Defense

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by mike oxlong, May 20, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

He didn’t mention Josh McDaniels and didn’t say anything too interesting about the how his tenure in Denver ended so badly. In fact, he barely mentioned the Broncos at all. Except for, a reporter asked Cutler what he thought the Bears’ offensive philosophy would be. Here was Jay’s answer, “We’re going to run the ball. I think I’ve learned the hard way that you’ve got to run the ball and you’ve got to stop the run to get anywhere in this league, to make the playoffs and make a push for the Super Bowl, so that’s not going to change. Especially here in December with the wind and the weather, you’ve got to grind out those 4 or 5 yard runs and get yourself to a manageable position,” Cutler said.

Source: Denver Post

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Uhhh....it's common knowledge that you have to run the ball and specifically late in the season when the weather turns bad.....I dont really see a dig at the Denver D.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

If that's the shot, it was a pretty weak one.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

saying he learned the hard way meant that denver's run defense was terrible

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Or it could mean that he learned that going through 7 running backs can really heck up your offensive chances.

Either way you can never tell what that hecksticks thinking because he's not right in the head.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Oh brother. THIS is finding something outta nothing.

He has the right to say 'If our D in Denver hadn't stunk so freaking terribly we might have gone deep in the postseason.' It's true.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Or if he had a running game to help him.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i cant wait for the season 2 start for this atom bomb 2 go off lol

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

this was a freaking blog from a bimbo trying to stir the pot.

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

haha, pathetic. Who even cares, everyone including the Envers D knows they didn't have one last year.

Weak sauce...