Bears RG Kyle Long Visits Doctors Due To Viral Infection

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by DaBears22, Jul 29, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Chicago Bears Pro Bowl right guard Kyle Long met with doctors on Monday to check the progress of his recovery from a viral infection that’s forced the former first-round pick to miss the opening four practices of camp.

Despite Long’s illness, the second-year guard had been present at every training camp practice until Monday’s excused absence. The Bears next workout at Olivet Nazarene University is scheduled for Wednesday at 9 a.m. CT.

“I expect to hear from [Long] and the doctors today, and we’ll get a better idea where he is at,” Bears head coach Marc Trestman said.

The No. 20 overall pick of the 2013 NFL draft, Long started just five games at Oregon before making the jump to the NFL, where he became a permanent fixture in the Bears’ starting lineup last season at right guard, helping the offensive line achieve its lowest sack total (30) since 2008.

But there is legitimate concern whenever an NFL player misses an extended period of training camp.

“Any player, no matter how long they’ve played the game, needs to practice and needs to work,” Trestman said. “It doesn’t matter who they are or at what level they play at. Kyle is missing time and there is nothing we can do about it. When he gets back here, he is going to have to get back into it and make up for some lost time.”

Source: ESPN

2. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

I just saw that he returned to practice today. I guess he's fine now.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Sounds like he has been toughing it out until he had to see the doctor. If he is back already then it must not be that bad then. Good news for the Bears.

WC Jerome likes this.