Bears TE Greg Olsen Available For A Second Round Pick?

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Bears tight end Greg Olsen could be had for a second round draft pick, according to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. There have been conflicting reports on Olsen's availability, but this is one of the more specific ones. While it would not seem to make sense for Chicago to move one of its best players, they almost surely will for the right place, especially considering their lack of draft picks this season.

Source: RotoTimes.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  2. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

I heard for a 12 pack of PBR and a carton of Pall Malls

3. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

We're not trading him.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Bears should trade him. He's wasted talent in Martz' offense and the Patriots should jump all over this...

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Olsen is a prime example of the glaring weakness of the Bears in identifying what they can do, what they want to do & what kind of team they want to be.

They always stress that they're a run team "right off the bus" first, then use Olsen, a poor blocker, not mediocre...poor, as basically an extra WR to hide their bonehead decision of using rookie WRs & suffer when needing a solid blocking TE to help the run game & max protect scenarios.

Either give up on the Bear legacy of RBs like Sayers, Payton, Anderson & plan for more of a passing attack or spend the effort on getting the right players to solidify the run game. I say move Olsen while you can to a team that can absorb his weaknesses & get something in return.

Either way, try a novel idea & get an OL first...

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

A third baseman is more usefull to Martz than Olsen

If they can get a second for him, they could actually have them selves a decent draft

7. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Trust me, I've been down with this idea for a couple weeks now... but... he might get used as much in the new Patriots system as he would in Chicago. Ben Watson is a similar-style player (maybe not in the blocking aspect) and made 29 catches last year. Was rarely targeted, and that would wind up being the same problem in New England til the system returns to "throw to open man," not "throw to Moss/Welker/Faulk and hope for best."

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Very good point.

9. DaaBoTownSox

DaaBoTownSox Rookie

Yeah, i'm sure the Patriots will inquire about him, but i'm not sure how he'd fit into the system right now as he Cletus said.

10. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

If i was the Bengals I'd be all over this crap.

11. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Hey,Hey easy now....it's not like his name or his play is like Grossman ya know. :icon_eek: