Beer Vendor Hale Has Served Up Suds, Laughs

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by skinsfan1, Jan 12, 2008.

1. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Allan Hale trudges up and down his 35 steps in Lambeau Field for nearly five hours every game day, flashing a sly grin as fans cheer him.

"When I get to the top, they say, 'Al, you made it!' and I make the sign of the cross and say, 'With His help!' Then they all laugh," the 70-year-old grandfather said. "They're all asking me, 'How much longer, Al?' I intend to ask people Saturday if I should come back."
    Hale knows that answer even though he's leaning toward retiring. But he's always the showman, enjoying what he says is the limelight of his career.

The native of nearby Manitowoc, Wis., has spent 45 years as a beer vendor at Lambeau Field, and he isn't sure what he would do if he decides to retire after Saturday's playoff game between the Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.

Like Brett Favre, though, he won't give up without a large helping of suspense.

"I hate leaving this because I know within a year, a half a year, they'll say, 'Al who? Who's the beer man?"' Hale said. "The whole reason I came back this season was because Favre came back."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7661436

Saw this on a couple of sites, thought what the hell. 45 years is a long time to do any one thing. Here's to you beer man.