Behind Enemy Lines: Cowboys To Draft Johnny Manziel?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by cmilian, May 1, 2014.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Your nut if you think Bortles is a second round. In a way I would take Bridgewater over Manziel. In a way Bridgewater scares me to death with his frame and his hand. Bridgewater has the potential to be either prone, a fumble machine or both in the NFL. I think he will be a very good starter, however he could wind up like Locker and Bradford.

Manziel needs work on his overall game, but in reality he just needs develope. His game doesnt have many if any red flags. He has the arm to make all the throws, has very good spacial awareness to excel at his size, and is a very good clutch QB. His biggest need as a QB is the learn how to work out of the pocket. His footwork while setting and passing, to keep from making those off balanced. That can be coached. His only real red flag game wise is the amount of running he does at his size, and once he becomes more comfortable in the pocket, that will be less an issue. To me he has a very similar game to Wilson. Less polished as a pocket passer, but with more upside

2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

Manziel carries the ball in one hand waving it around like a loaf of bread when he runs,NFL defenders will go after the ball and strip it.He throws off his back foot too often and just throws the ball up hoping his guy gets it,plus he takes off running even when there is a clean pocket.He is an interception fumble machine waiting to happen.Bortles footwork is terrible and he needs a lot of work,which is why I think he should be a second round talent.IMO,Bortles should have stayed in school and refined his game.Bridgewater is the only first round talent in this QB class.

3. Jihad Joe

Those issues can be coached Manziel. And I have no idea where you are getting Bortles has terrible footwork. Footwork is one of his strengths. What Bortles needs work on is his mechanics. Bridgewaters issues are permanent. He wont be able to carry much more weight and his hands arent going to get bigger

4. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

There are many scouts who think Bortles is no more than a second round talent and he will be over drafted.Part of the issue with his mechanics stems from his footwork,he narrows his base and doesn't have a solid platform to throw from.

5. Jihad Joe

Show me one

6. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

7. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

8. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

9. Jihad Joe

How about someone with some credibility in the scouting community and not some fly by night draft site run by god knows who

10. Jihad Joe

Optimum ill give you. But thats one out of every other major scouting agency rating him as a first

11. Jihad Joe

12. cmilian

cmilian 2nd String

I would definitely take Bridgewater at #8 if I were the Vikings.