Bench Alex Smith

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BarlOwens, Sep 26, 2007.

1. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

So much for your 3000 yard season....BUST.....50 million for this garbage? time to go away...bring in Dilfer and try to salvage some passing game until we can replace Smith with a decent freaking QB...Talk about being nonexistent in the first 3 games...You would never have known he was even out there unless he wasn't looking like a poor mans jeff garcia at times..

2. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

The problem is, Dilfer sucks too. It's really a battle of goobers at this point. Speaking of Garcia, I'd rather have him. He'd win some games for us.

3. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I've defended Alex Smith LONG ENOUGH! Sit his butt down.

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

even Dilfer could throw for 200 yards without having to do it in scrub time...he's a better option at this point, he won't look like a scared little kid out there...he's been there before..

5. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

His hands are medium sized....

6. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

too bad his brain is pea-sized

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Frostyyyyyyy...:icon_lol:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmkNxVtwmZ8[/MEDIA]

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I can never see those videos for some reason???

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Must be something that's not downloaded on your end Barl.

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

doesn't give me an option to dl anything..so how would I know what Im missing?

11. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

So true, Im glad Im not the only guy who is getting pissed off at alex.

12. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

pissed or enraged to the point of wanting to throw your beer through the nearest window?

13. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

You're lucky Vinny Testaverde isn't your QB.

14. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I get pissed off how they say its our oline, heck that. There are teams in worse oline situations than us that are doing better than us. I am really starting to think Alex is a bust in week 3. If he doesnt do crap this weekend I will throw out the bust label.

15. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

he better have a huge game..because Gore is getting screwed with 8 in the box everytime..

the reason our o-line looks bad is because Smith holds the ball for a decade back there....JUST THROW THE FREAKING BALL ALREADY...

16. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Smith gets plenty of time and often, thing is he's scared to take chances. He is more of a game managing QB usually, not really the guy who will go out and "win" the game and put out amazing stats. He's had a few good moments but he mostly plays no better than mediocre.

From what I remember[correct me if I am wrong], he hasn't put up a 300 Yard Passing game once in his career? I think he had 288 once against Philly but that is the only one I can think of near 300.

17. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

and the only reason he had 288 against Philly was due to the fact the Niners trailed by 20+ and had to try to pass to make a come back..

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

QFT, that was a horrible game, we were trailing bad.

I'd love it if Smith could actually throw a pass that is worth 30 or more yards completion. Typically they are around 10 yards and do not wind up going too far. SF does not have the best O-Line in the NFL, but even when they do give Smith some time, he just does not convert. He's been playing like a mediocre game managing QB up to this point....

I can't help but remember the Training Camp rumors, "Smith is excelling throwing the deep ball!"...:rolleyes:

19. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

he looked awesome in training camp...Beast and I went down there with the club 49 crew...he was pinpoint..but that was without any real pressure on him...once gametime hit his mind went to crap..

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Was he doing well in TC? I was hearing some 9er fans saying he wasn't all that good there, but crap Smith, we need him to play good during the games, when it actually counts.