Bengals Trade QB Carson Palmer To Raiders For First, Second Round Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Woooooow, we got hosed hard....I figured it'd be a 2nd round pick for him and that's all. And even then I didn't want him. But two firsts is just terrible. Palmer better be in damn good shape coming into town and still have been studying football. Better not be getting some overweight, dumb guy rolling into town.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

al davis had to have had this trade written in his will.

3. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Is our first pick in 2012 in the 5th round now?

4. No..........sixth round.

First time since 1989 that a team didn't have a pick in the first 5 rounds. That team was the Raiders.

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

6. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

Well then, what's the point in even showing up? I'd just package the picks and maybe get a 5th rounder in 2013 and just not show up in 2012.

7. krfire

krfire Team Veteran

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

1992- David Klingler
    1993- John Copeland
    1994- Dan Wilkonson
    1995- Ki Jana Carter
    1997- Reinard Wilson
    1999- Akili Smith
    2000- Peter Warrick
    2004- Chris Perry
    2005- David Pollack
    2009- Andre Smith

In short, not quite

9. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

SMH wow, this guy wasn't worth that much during his two whole pro bowl years and IMO he's declined since then. But a new team might be what he needs to rejuvenate his career. I'm anxious to see how this plays out.

10. They have to chance to right two decades worth of wrongs with the two first's they acquired in the Palmer trade. I would look into drafting a successor for Cedric Benson. They could package some picks and nab Alabama's Trent Richardson in next years draft.

They are set at QB with Dalton and WR with A.J. Green.

11. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Only time will tell if Palmer is worth the price Oakland paid.

With KC this week, a bye week, and the Denver, It's really like having 3 weeks for Carson to prep for San Diego... ;-)

12. I think Palmer could play as soon as this week against the Chiefs. Palmer's knowledge of Jackson's offense could be an advantage.

If not this week............he will be under center against the Broncos. No way Oakland gives the controls of a playoff contender over to Boller longer than one game considering the price they gave up for Palmer.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree BBB.

14. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Bengals = :winning:

2010 AJ Green

Sent via tap talk on my iPhone

And the CUBS still sucks

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

the only defendable pick there is carter who blew out his knee.

16. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

WOW, Raiders bent over and just willing took one for the team right there. They did it for Al! Seriously though, two firsts for Palmer?!?!? Are you serious bro?!?!

17. Signed...........sealed............delivered.

[​IMG]

18. Adam Schefter: Twitter.com

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I'm actually excited to see him in uniform and on the field. I just hope people give him a little time to get acclimated to the game again before they jump all over him.