Bengals Trade QB Carson Palmer To Raiders For First, Second Round Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

this is a great trade for both sides

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The AFC West was the Raiders to lose with Jason Campbell taking the snaps and to think they spent so much to find a replacement for Campbell is a real head scratcher. At least this buffers the Eagles giving Vick $100,000,000.

3. Carson Bomber!!!!!!

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Al Davis never would've done that deal...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cincy had all the leverage in the world in this deal. Oakland called desperate for a QB and the ability to work former Bengal Hue Jackson...possibly got them 2 first round picks. The only leverage the Bengals needed was a former Pro-Bowl QB and a desperate team...Brown wasn't trading him unless the offer was ridiculous and Jackson was willing to make it just that.

Perfect storm for the Bengals.

6. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

I just don't think Cincy had any leverage at all even with a team desperate for a QB, because Palmer was refusing to play.

Cincy needed to trade Palmer.

David Garrard is probably just as good as Palmer and he wouldn't have cost two firsts (or a first and a second).

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Refusing to play in Cincy. He became a hot commodity. It's not like the Bengals were missing out on a QB, needed a QB it even paying him for that matter. They didn't have to do anything with him and weren't desperate for an offer. unless a great one came along, they were content to sit with him. As soon as they got calls, they had leverage...

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh and Garrard needs back surgery so he's really not an option. The Raiders definitely overpaid, but I guess sometimes you have to if you really want something...

9. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

we'll have to agree to disagree. I will never think a team has leverage when a player is refusing to report and everyone knows it.

the rest of the league knows cincy doesn't want him around. cincy's alternative was to do nothing and get nothing at all for palmer. I don't consider that leverage.

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

pure gold here

11. CaptainStubing

whoops

12. CaptainStubing

not so much