Bengals Turn Xmas Party Into Memorial For Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by pctrips, Dec 18, 2009.

1. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm surprised that you, of all people didn't get the sarcasm in my quote dude.

I wasn't asking you to share personal stories, it was obviously a jab at the whiteys who compare everything Obama does to Hitler.

We're cool dude.

2. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

How would you feel if someone was showing no class and no respect at the time of Derrick Thomas's death? Imagine how you would feel if someone tried to make a joke of it only days after his passing. I know he didn't fly out of the back of a truck but he was speeding and driving recklessly in a snowstorm without wearing a seat belt, unfortunately he ended up taking someone with him but than again its a blessing he didn't strike another vehicle and put anyone else in danger.

3. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Had to read it in that context to get it.
    I then proceeded to laugh.

Either way though, that kind of crap irks me, I could care less if you liked the guy or not, there are people that do. (General statement)

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't think I could have felt any craptier than I did when it happened.

I know that he didn't have a seatbelt on, but I don't think he was speeding.

Probably going too fast for the conditions.

And let's talk about a classless statement.

I can't even freaking believe you brought this up.

Do you have any idea what else happened that day?

Let's take a look.

10 Dead In Mo. Multi-Car Pileup

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Like I told Mr D earlier, I feel bad for his family, and those of you that are hurting.

5. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

pathetic

6. Evasfunk

Evasfunk Rookie

Classless are you kidding me? Are you saying you wouldn't support a GIF of Thomas's accident? Cause hell your supporting one of a father of three jumping out of the back of a truck leaving 3 young children without a father and a very upset mother without her son.

Also directly from Wiki "Police reports indicate that Thomas, who was driving, was speeding and weaving through traffic at the time of the accident."

Unlike you I have class, I respect anyone who has passed on no matter what the situation was. Only exception I would ever make would be someone who has taken another's life.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm not gonna start a fight with you, or feel pity for Chris.

If you can't take the internet, you might wanna have a reality check.

Life can be so much worse obviously.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I wouldn't watch a GIF of that, and I don't want to see video.

The GIF that was posted was from a contest themed "Rejected Christmas Cards", I don't think the intent was to disrespect Henry. The kid that made that probably doesn't even know who he is.

Also if you can't laugh at someone dying then the dead persons joke is on you...

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

If it was a suicide, this is a very good point that is often missed.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If it was him killing himself he had some real issues mentally. Because no one in there right mind would do such a thing. I still think the cartoon is wrong but thats just my opinion. I dont think death is something to laugh about.

10. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

You just haven't seen a good Zomedy!

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The cartoon was hilarious because of how poorly it was done, and how it was from the back of his truck.

12. tammietailgator

tammietailgator ROCK CHALK!

FYI.... my brother was on that same stretch of Highway only 20 minutes behind DT. It was a solid sheet of ice... froze quickly that day due to strong cold winds and no wind block on said stretch of highway. Do not compare this to DT.

I feel sad for everyone involved and the family of Chris Henry. You may think that it is not okay to poke fun at national situations, but it happens and so those who like a little dark humor - have at it. For those that do not... look away and hide your chuckle. :icon_cheesygrin:

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Winner.

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It's sad that it happened but you know Karma came back at him and it was obvious he wasn't changed because from the 911 call he was acting like a maniac. He brought this on himself with another poor decision. I do however feel bad for his family and teammates. A moment of silence is nice, but people are acting like this is such a tragedy when it was his fault. Sad yes, tragedy no, cause IMO a tragedy is something that happens that is out of the control of the victim.

1 person likes this.
  15. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Warning: Palmer's pissed.

16. tammietailgator

Pissed at who?

17. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

This thread... give it a minute.

18. I don't understand some people AT ALL and I'm sick of seeing comments I don't want to see every forum I go to. Is what I don't understand is if people don't have anything positive to say why even bother adding a bunch of crap that's just going to start stuff? The guy has made poor decisions in the past but he was starting to get his life back on track and had two or three kids. Also, was planning on getting married soon. NONE of us know what happened for sure other than falling from the back of the truck. There's articles out there that say he killed himself but it hasn't been confirmed. If that's the case all of us Bengals fans are still going to support him 101% not only because he was a huge part to our offense when he played but he also left young kids behind that will no longer have a daddy for the rest of their lives. The Bengals have to keep their mind on football after losing a close teammate, they didn't ask to be put into this position and people say "I have no sympathy for him."? What about for his family? fans? football teammates/friends?? It surely is a shame that the world consists of people such as this, it surely is beyond sad. What's the point in trashing somebody that's no longer living??? Even IF he did it to himself comments such as these posted are beyond belief and I can't believe some people in the things they say and open up their big mouths about.

19. tammietailgator

It is sad, and I think the general public does understand that people are inevitably gonna be hurt by his death no matter what happened. I pray for everyone affected by his death. I pray most for his family.

20. You expect us Cincinnati Bengals fans to take these kind of comments lightly?? Thanks to all of those that do respect Chris and his family!