Bengals Turn Xmas Party Into Memorial For Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by pctrips, Dec 18, 2009.

1. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Duly noted.

Merry Christmas.

No I don't, and I do respect his family.

2. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

oh gee thanks for putting that in perspective for me, I should stop now because it could have been worse, you could have been standing over his body taking a dump on his dead corps. *sarcasm*

and what's this if I can't laugh at someone dying then the dead person's joke is on me? :icon_eek: I can't laugh at someone dying because that was someone's LIFE we are making a joke of. that was a human being a soul that has left this world to young. we won't be able to watch this man play again let alone his own kids grow up with him in their lives
    BS if you respected his family you wouldn't be making fun of his death

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

epic thread, just woke up

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

As with all things, this too shall pbutt.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm on both sides here.

I do believe that you should at least show respect to the family and the person on hand, and IMO that GIF in particular is very bad but at the same time, I think it's unfair to swan around speaking like the guys was a saint (Bengal fans), he was a scumbag and a bad human being, and I feel that he couldn't have been so committed to turning the corner because no sane person would jump on the back of a freaking moving flatbed!

Like I said, I feel respect should be paid, but you can't block out the fact that he was a scumbag.

6. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

now to one more thing I have been wanting to talk about

how the hell people think he wasn't turning the corner on his life, due to what happened here.

ever been so in love with someone you just don't think?

the dude was in high emotions either just in an argument but you don't argue with someone without caring so much about them. My guess is Chris thought he still had things to say and didn't want to wait for her to come back to tell her. (not the smartest idea's that is true) but that does not mean he wasn't committed to turning his life around.

last time I checked he didn't break any laws, just put his own life in danger

7. Crowned

Why because he stayed out of the public eye he was staying out of trouble? He may have had everyone fooled.. He hasn't been to jail in 2 years? wow such an accomplishment LOL

8. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

oh so since he stayed out of the public eye he must have been continuing everything he was doing just making sure he wasn't caught oh sorry I guess no one can change silly me. :icon_rolleyes:

9. Crowned

You must have missed the part that said "he may have had everyone fooled". Learn to read.

10. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Your just making excuses now. He's been making bad decisions all his life and this was just another one.

Turning the corner for him would be avoiding these situations, I don't care if he was in an argument or whatever the circumstances are, he shouldn't have done what he did; rumour has it that he was banging to the cab and threatening to jump, if that's true, that's some real progress he's made (Okay, I'll give him credit for managing to not get arrested for two years, but then again, I haven't been arrested for 17, where's my parade?).

Anyway, isn't what he was doing that got him killed breaking the law? I'm pretty sure that you can't jump onto a moving vehicle, especially one that your being prevented from entering?

This story reminds me so much of Terrence Kiel's.

11. Crowned

well said

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That pretty much sums up how I feel.

13. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Great thread!

The big losers here are:
    His 3 kids for losing Daddy before Christmas.
    His could-have-been wife for killing the goose that laid golden eggs.
    The Bengals.
    Crowned.

14. Crowned

Nice! I made the list!

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't think you read the entire thing, or I would be on the list.
    :icon_cheesygrin:

16. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

You're tusslable, unlike Chris Henry's head.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Had to Google tusslable.

First link was ronfez and the second was an OA Photoshop contest.

Do I make the list now?

18. Crowned

Take your big words back to the crossfire.

19. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Jesus H. Christ...

The picture is slightly messed up in my opinion and I didn't really laugh much. (I had a short laugh and said "That's hecked.")

You don't have to lose your crap over it, make a big deal out of it, and attack others for voicing their opinion. Yes, It's a shame Henry died and it's very sad. but People should be allowed to show whatever opinions they have to it and they should be accepted, whether they're highly amused, extremely depressed, or just feel bad for the guy. If you get so offended over internet statements, you need help. Henry was an average football player who could have been a lot better, if not for some huge personal/social issues that he never got control of. He wasn't your father, brother, friend, or anything of the sort.

I do feel really bad for his fans and family. I wouldn't have posted the image myself and I'm not all that amused by it, but come on people, do you really need to go at others about it? You have your views on it and they have theirs. Just accept them and move on. No need to start something up about it either way, especially since it will do nothing at all. :rolleyes:

I've said my piece. R.I.P. Henry

1 person likes this.
  20. Crowned

I wish I had something better to post, but that's all that was available at the time, I agree with what your saying though platoon