"Better Than 50% Chance" Peyton Colts QB Manning Will Retire?

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by ravenfan52, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

As the Colts close in on 0-16, and Andrew Luck, everyone in Indianapolis is wondering what will happen with Peyton Manning in 2012. Will they trade him, cut him, have him groom Luck for a year or two or three? The sad reality is that Manning may have played his last snap in thie NFL. Chris Myers of FOX Sports reports that there is a "better than 50% chance" that Manning retires after the season. While it is almost a certainty that Manning will not suit up this season, despite his not being placed on injured reserve, many Colts fans - and NFL fans - have held out hope that he would be playing - somewhere - in 2012. But if his neck does not heal from multiple surgeries, he may be content to hang up the cleats and retire with dignity.

Source: Ben Maller, Fox Sports Radio

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Wow this sucks. I reallllllly hope he makes a comeback.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Really? I find it hard to believe he would actually retire now hes still got a few good years left in my honest opinion

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Multiple neck surgeries?

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

He's the next Brett Favre...I RETIRE I AM HURT...*playoff team calls*

NVM!

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i he retires hes still the colts property fr the next 5 years, he cant just sign anywhere the colts would have to trade the rights to him

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I really hope this isn't true. I have tons of respect for Peyton Manning and I would hate to see his career ended on any terms but his own.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

IF Manning's neck will allow him to play for the next few years, he will play. Even IF the Colts draft Andrew Luck.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Exactly...."IF"...

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't think peyton will pull a favre and retire and then un-retire, etc. i think once he makes his decision, he will stick with it ............ (i hope anyway)

11. DaBearsrule4ever

Manning is not a drama queen and attention tramp like Favre. The day Manning retires, i'm pretty confident he'll stay retired.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

As far as this year goes, I don't see any reason for Manning to play seeing the Colts are 0-11. The Colts should just put his butt on IR now.

13. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Really hope that this isn't true.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think there's a great chance he never plays again...those neck surgeries are no joke...

15. DaBearsrule4ever

Either way, I think they can say hello to Andrew Luck. It would suck for his career to end this way but it is what it is.

16. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

They were saying he can't even play golf right now because of the neck.

17. dpn

dpn 18to44

I fell sick.:icon_sad:

18. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I do hope that Peyton makes a comeback. If the Colts go 0-16, they will have no choice but to fire Jim Caldwell.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

A couple analysts were reporting that he didn't sound too enthusiastic that he would be returning to the field...