Bills LB Shawne Merriman's Health With Determine Team's Draft Strategy

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by SRW, Feb 26, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A big part of the Buffalo Bills draft plans rest squarely on the shoulders of Shawne Merriman. The team is hoping the veteran linebacker’s Achilles injury will heal in time for the 2011 season. From all indications, he’s well ahead of that schedule and could be ready in time for any offseason workouts the team will have if a new labor agreement is reached. The Bills are hoping not to focus on acquiring a pass rushing linebacker at April’s NFL Draft. They’d rather devote their attention to inside linebackers and defensive ends. “A big factor for us is if Merriman gets healthy,â€￾ Bills G.M. Buddy Nix said at the NFL Scouting Combine this week. “So far, so good. If he does (get healthy) he adds a lot to the pass rush. I think a lot will depend on that.â€￾

Source: Football News Now

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...Merriman's Health ='s Bad.

3. Franchise 5

Franchise 5 Rookie

Yeah, it really is.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bills should be looking to distance themselves from Merriman. He's a shell of his former self.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

If it were up to me I'd just draft as if he were going to be injured.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Whilst the Bills plan their draft round Merriman, he's busy getting destroyed on twitter by CM Punk. Honestly, the Bills investing into him just shows how much of a joke that franchise has become.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

WINNER