Blackhawks Re-Sign Michal Handzus And Michal Rozsival

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by SRW, Jul 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chicago Blackhawks re-signed center Michal Handzus and defenseman Michal Rozsival on Friday.

The 36-year-old Handzus, who became an unrestricted free agent on Friday, signed a one-year deal. Handzus came to the Blackhawks at the trade deadline last season from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick.

Rozsival, 34, signed a two-year deal. He had 12 assists and a plus-18 rating in 27 games during his first season with the Blackhawks.

"He's been a real nice fit to our team since the start of the season," coach Joel Quenneville said of Rozsival during the Stanley Cup finals. "Rosy is predictable, experienced, patience level with the puck is something we haven't had in some time in that role. I think in that role, in that position, it really enhanced our overall team game. I think the depth of our defense from the outset of the season was probably the greatest improvement from last year to this year, and I think he's one of the big factors in that area."

Source: ESPN.com

2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Good moves. This off-season is looking a lot better than 2010