Brady Quinn Wins Browns Starting QB Job

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brady Quinn has won the quarterback competition and will start Sunday's game against the Vikings, a league source told The Plain Dealer today. Browns coach Eric Mangini told the quarterbacks Tuesday night and Quinn took the first-team reps in practice Wednesday afternoon. Quinn acted Wednesday as though he didn't know. "We're just out there continuing to battle with one another to get everything better for our team,'' he said.

Source:
    Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

so much for it being kept secret

3. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I knew it.

4. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

No suprise there

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

:whatever: ...who'd a thunk it.

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Go Browns. Can we put this story to bed now?

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It was obviously Quinn.

8. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

boy that new HC knows how 2 use those old BB tricks lmao

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Yet again...predictable

10. Wacko4Flacco

I am already snoozing on it. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I'm so happy for him.

He's got a new dog and gets the starting spot.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:icon_evil:

I'm sorry for Browns fans about this news. Maybe if Braylon remembers how to catch the ball consistently the dink and dunk kid will be enough to get them in the playoffs but I doubt it. Hopefully his new dog bites him, he gets MRSA, and DA takes back over and plays to his abilities

13. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

DA played to his abilitys last year.

I defiantly would call Quinn dink and dunk. Maybe thats how they called plays for him last year, but the dude know's how to get the ball downfield

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Did he see game time last year?

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah when Braylons drops and then an injury to DA gave him a chance. He promptly played mediocre ball and then got injured himself. The bittersweet news about him getting the starting nod is me having the chance to tell you all I told you so after the Browns lose a few under his leadership.

16. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

File this under O for obvious lol

17. Wacko4Flacco

With Braylon's dropsy, The Dink & Dunk Show of Quinn and Jamal's 2 yards per carry it looks like it could be a loooooooooong year for the Dawg Pound.

18. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Long decade is more like it. But, Braylon's in a contract year, Mangini won't abandon the run in the 2nd quarter, and Brady's dink and dunk was as much a factor of Crennel as it was of Quinn. Besides, moving 4 yards at a time still gets 1st downs. I don't get how people can judge off of 3 games with an offense that couldn't score a TD with Gradkowski or Dorsey.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I don't get blaming the scheme/Crennel for the dink and dunk. DA was playing from the same playbook. He didn't check down every single play and when he was on and Braylon wasn't dropping everything the offense looked fantastic (just ask the Giants and the 10 teams they beat in 2007)
    Oh yeah and another reason BESIDES those 3 games of last year to judge BQ harshly is that for non football reasons. i.e. him being a 1st round pick, his contract, etc the Browns have PLENTY of reasons to want him as the starter but look at how long and hard it was for him to win it. That makes me think the people watching him in practices and all off season know something. And it ain't good

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's a lose/lose situation for the Browns...