Brett Favre : An Overrated Legacy Ends As Expected

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by 3rdStoneFromTheSun, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I keep seeing this. Who is really saying that? Where do you guys see this so much? Yea, I've heard it from time to time when someone is jocking his stats like most wins ever as a QB, but that's just exaggerating a bit in the moment. You guys are arguing against the 1%'ers.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It's more prevalent outside of GIF, I hear it alot on the radio as well as on the 4 letter monster. As well as most commentators who just want to cradle his balls, stroke his shaft, and swallow the gravy.

3. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

Favre is a beast...I will never understand all the people who can't stand him or complain about ESPN constantly talking about him staying or retiring. Who cares? Dude is one of the best to ever play and he plays injured...total and 110% gamer.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Who cares??? Anyone with a brain that's who, the constant rod sucking of Favre is just ridiculous...Ok we get it he's one of the greats in football but God he's not.

5. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

While I read this I thought if you think Favre is over-rated you must also think Marino was overrated. I think this because if Favre has one thing Marino doesn't and yet you call him overrated.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I bet to the fans of the Vikings and his Vikings teammates he is. They could have had Jackson at the helm all year and finished 9 and 9 or worse!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_rolleyes:

6. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

So is Fartve finally retiring for good or what? :icon_rolleyes:

7. I will say this about Favre and why I dislike him. Everyone wants to call out TO, Ochocinco, etc for being prima donnas but imo Favre is the ultimate prima donna. I mean how many offseasons did he make the Packers sit and wait on him and what he wanted to do. I mean yeah you were a pretty good QB yet overrated and anyone to have played at a decent level as long as him could post those numbers. You won your super bowl ring because of Reggie White and that defense for most of the season and had it not of been for Desmond Howard being a hero they might have lost. I mean you bring up the MVPs but I look at it just like I look at Peyton Manning currently. Do you honestly think that he should have won the MVP the past 2 seasons? Peyton is just being Peyton and put up his typical numbers and happened to be on a good team. Brees should have been hands down the MVP this year and I can't recall who should have won the year before but I just remember Manning came out like complete crap because of his knee injury. Im not dogging on Manning because I believe he is the best QB in the league right now but he's winning MVP awards for putting up good stats and they aren't even his best stats throughout his career really. Favre won the awards in his time just because he had a streak of good statistical years on good teams that never won anything.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

9/9, or worse, or better...... It doesen't matter. All matters is the fact that he couldn't bring a Lombardi trophy to MIN, as anyone expected. But well, it doesn't happen to the Jats last year too

9. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I'd rather have the record they finished with vice a losing one. Would you rather the packers have went to the NFC championship game or lose in the first round? Also, I don't think anyone expected the Vikes to go as far as they did, but they wouldn't have come close to the record they had without Favre so in a sense he was a savior for them

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

By the start of the season, the Vikes was the 3rd ranked NFC team for betting odds, so I don't think it was unexpected....

All that winning/losing recods are mostly for the stats and nothing else, IMO

11. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Thats not really saying much considering the caliber of teams in the NFC. Let's see the Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, Packers.....who else was worth a crap in the NFC oh yeah Eagles we could put up there.

While winning and losing are for stats, i'd sure rather my team be on the winning side than the losing any day

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

the nfc isn't that bad anymore.