Brett Favre Says Comments On Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Were Misinterpreted

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Oct 7, 2011.

1. What Brett Favre intended to be a harmless radio interview has transformed into another dust-up this week for the former NFL QB, leaving him taken aback at a firestorm of criticism, he told USA TODAY on Friday. "Nothing, for the most part, surprises me anymore,'' the league's all-time leading passer said from his home in Hattiesburg, Miss. "But I have to admit (the reaction to) this one surprised me.'' The content, tone and inflection of his interview with 790 The Zone in Atlanta were made in sincere praise of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the organization, Favre said. He figures most folks have not actually listened to the interview and are relying on a snippet of a quote that that he believes is being misinterpreted. The source of the controversy: Favre told the station that he was not shocked that Rodgers led the Packers to a triumph in Super Bowl XLV. "The biggest surprise to me,'' he said, "would be that he didn't do it sooner.'' Favre also called the Packers' Super Bowl MVP signal-caller "very bright'' and a "tremendous talent.'' "It is very (infrequent) when I do interviews,'' Favre said. "I was very gracious and complimentary of the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.''

Source: USA Today

2. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I think they were misinterpreted too, he was really kissing the Packers and Rodgers' butt last year during the playoff run. I think he wants to rebuild the bridge and retire as a Packer, not further burn it.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. Payton3434

Payton3434 Rookie

Brett Favre is an butthole, always was an butthole and always will be an BUTTHOLE!!!!

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Well said sir.