Brett Favre Told An NFL Player He's 100% Positive He's Retiring

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, May 3, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes that he thinks the Brett Favre ankle-surgery story from the other day will have little to do with whether he plays this season, the same way something he heard the other day will have little to do with whether he plays. An NFL player who knows the quarterback well told King Favre said to him after the season, "I'm 100 percent positive I'll never put on pads again in my life.'' The only problem is that Favre changes his mind often so we'll just have to wait and see what the summer brings...and the fall.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
  2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Who was the player?

5. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Unnamed.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I was asking Mr King. :icon_cheesygrin:

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

8. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

We should have just got Jimmy Clausen and be done with this crap. Its starting to piss me of a lil bit

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Damn even Viking fan is tired of BRETT FAVRE.

10. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I honestly feel he does not want to go through the surgery and compete this season. I think when he got his butt kicked late last season he has had enough.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:banghead:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Tarvaris Jackson is the player.

1 person likes this.
  13. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Well he told me he's 100% sure he is playing. I'm about as credible as an anonymous player that supposedly said it.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

:sick:

1 person likes this.
  14. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

Bull. Crap.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

<yawn>

16. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Stop stealing my line. :icon_cheesygrin:

17. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Brett who?

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

1. i bet they will regret not taking clausen for a CB that was a reach when jimmy was not only clearly the best player on the board, a perfect fit for their offense, but the best QB in the draft and in no way should have been there.

2. farve doesnt want to go through training camp, this is obvious...he'll be BACK

19. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

If he was 100% sure he would have announced it by now.

20. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded Clausen, because there really wasn't any amazing great players in positions of need. Even if Clausen didn't pan out, no different than the 2nd round pick they blew on T-Jack.

On the other hand, he's such an Ostrich.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think whether or not Favre wants to go through training camp (obviously he does not) makes any difference, Childress has said he's fine with Favre showing up for the 3rd preseason game again.