Broncos, Josh McDaniels Fined $100,000 For Filming 49ers' Practice

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 27, 2010.

1. The Denver Broncos and coach Josh McDaniels have been fined a combined $100,000 for the impermissible videotaping of a San Francisco 49ers practice prior to their London game of Week 8. The team's video operations director, Steve Scarnecchia, has been fired for cause as a result of his taping the 49ers' walk-through practice at Wembley Stadium the day before the Broncos' 24-16 loss Oct. 31, the team announced in a release Saturday. Scarnecchia filmed the drills of his own accord, later offering to show the video to McDaniels, but the coach declined, the Broncos said. The NFL found that McDaniels, who was separately fined $50,000, had failed to report the incident as required by league policy. McDaniels apologized Saturday in a statement. "The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization," McDaniels said in the statement. "I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again." "This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization," Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said in a statement. "That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the league."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
  2. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Nice...real nice....

3. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

the real question is why are they trying to steal plays from the niners. or where they really that scared of the niners great offense they needed to get a edge against them

4. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

One more reason Josh McDaniels needs to go. Let him go back to New England with Bill Belichick.

1 person likes this.
  5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Does anyone actually read the articles or do you all just post off of BBB's misleading thread titles?

1 person likes this.
  6. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

McDaniels didnt want them. He knows he would become dumber if he watched the coaching and practice of the whiners

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Haha, Belichick taught this clown well.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Once a cheater...always a cheater

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The apple doesn't far from the tree.

10. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Stupid he didn't need to film our practice to beat our sorry excuse of a team!

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Apparently he did, since he lost.

12. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

Thats why he lost:icon_cheesygrin:

13. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

The 49ers practice tapes teach you the losing formula

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...come on...

15. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Well, I'm confussed. Did the Broncos turn in the violation themselves? If so, that's kind of stupid. I doubt that it was used like Josh said or there would have been more crap at him vs the assistant getting the axe.

16. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Spygate II! Although in this case, at least according to the article, McDaniels' only crime was not reporting the guy.

17. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

So he got fined for not snitching on an over zealous assistant. If he had sent the assistant over there to tape, the assistant would have rolled over on him after getting canned.

18. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

lmao what and idiot lol and they lost lol

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't believe he turned down the opportunity to watch it, I believe everything up until that. The dude he fired needs to come out and speak.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Freaking Black balled.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Same here crowned. McDaniel's isn't turning down that opportunity...

Even if he did, he and the team should be fined for having someone on their staff (if he indeed "acted alone" - lol...) that has that sort of integrity.