Broncos Rookie QB Tim Tebow Draws First Career Start Vs. Raiders

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 18, 2010.

1. long-term this game won't matter.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

hell of a game ? seriously ? how the heck did that game prove he will be a "great" qb ?

see this is why the "haters" can't stand tebow, because of crazy comments like this.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the women love Tebow ...................

[​IMG]

4. how is it crazy?

They didn't give him the chance to throw the ball because they went conservative.

He threw for over 100 yards and averaged over 8.6 yards a pbutt. He threw for a TD. Had over 75 yards rushing and a TD and broke multiple tackles.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

he had 16 chances to throw the ball and only completed 50% of his passes. so again, explain to me how that pedestrian performance proves he will be a "great" qb ?

my point is you like all the other tebow lovers are hyperboling over this performance much like phigles goes the other way in his hate for him.

it's not like he went out and looked like matt ryan. that game really didn't prove anything one way or the other.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He did average. His run was great but it was against the Raiders who have a tendency to get lackadaisical in tackling.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

And I am neither a Hater or Lover of Tebow.

8. yes he only completed 50% of his passes.

However, it's not like he looked like Rusty Smith or Jimmy Clausen.

The main thing that was nice was the TD throw, his YPA, and how effective he was at running the ball.

whichever way you slice it it was a good 1st appearance. Was it a Matt Ryan rookie performance? No. But it was pretty good.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

again, i don't see how you consider that performance "good". it was average at best and making the claim it proves he will be great is crazy.

10. how was it not good?

the guy didn't have any turnovers, he scored 2 td's (threw for 1, ran for 1), and had a great YPA.

it was a good performance not great as he only completed 50% of his passes.

no that's not what I said. I said this performance shows he may not be the bust most people think he is and he may have the potential to be great. But as I said it was only one week.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Finally getting to watch highlights from all the lesser games on Sunday and while admittedly I am a Teblow hater for reasons that have nothing to do with football HOW is it possible that nobody mentioned the ridiculous hold that wasn't called allowing Tebow's rushing TD and the fact that his TD was A) a ridiculously high floater of a long hail mary pass showing ZERO QB skill B) only not an INT because the raider DB sucks butt and let it go right through his hands

Still only seen 2 plays of his from the game but neither of them made him look much like an NFL QB.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

2 plays?

You're that good at analyzing NFL talent? Dude you should seriously send you resume out to every team in the NFL. You will be the greatest scout the league has ever seen.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You may have a SMALL point but presumably they were his best of the game were they not?

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

[​IMG]

15. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I know this isn't going to endear TT to you but the announcers were impressed with his throwing motion and were surprised by some of the throws he made. Not to mention 2 drops in the endzone that lead to 3 points instead of 7.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX2F26bFXmc]YouTube - Tim Tebow First NFL Start Highlights Vs. Oakland Raiders[/ame]

16. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Hold up, impressed with his throwing motion? It's pretty much the same as it was in Florida! He still has that horribly long windup, the motion stops when he's about to do the forward throwing motion (Whilst still exposing that ball way too much) and still has an exaggerated back foot thing going on when throwing the ball.

I'm doing my best to look at it without personal bias, but in terms of mechanics, he's in the Vince Young class of screwy motions.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

OH.... crap... I'm sorry dude. I missed that. I stand corrected. They called the Raiders Broncos game for CBS so those dudes must be all knowing. They couldn't just be some full of crap lower level talking heads could they. Thanks for setting me straight. After watching that video the only thing I wanna know is ifnthere is any chance that Andy Reid would package Vick and Kolb and a number 1 to trade for Tebow.

18. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah because that's what I'm saying and the point of this thread. Not a bad FIRST start for a rookie.

Grow up.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It wasn't bad mush. It wasn't that good either. It was average, which is more than I expected.

20. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Exactly my point.