Broncos Rookie QB Tim Tebow Draws First Career Start Vs. Raiders

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Dec 18, 2010.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

For a guy who was supposed to be a failure in the NFL, it wasn't a bad start, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. Anyone who says it was great is a lover, anyone who says it was bad is a hater.

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Hence the word average. But people and tv folk have been using words like good great and other words that are too over the top. Tebow had an average start. If he wasn't a rookie it would be a horrible stat line and overall start. But for Tebow it was ok. He didn't win or lose the game.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

It was a great star fantasy wise...lol...standard scoring...about 20-25 points. Maybe that's what your TV folk are referring to.

4. admittedly I'm not a big fan Of VY but he and Rivers both have won in the league and they have a weird throwing motion. As long as it works.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Oh yeah, I forgot all Vince Young does is win games :icon_rolleyes: Otherwise known as the rest of the team doing the work in spite of him and the media giving him the credit.

Rivers admittedly does have mechanics issues, but he doesn't hang the ball out for the defenders to slap out or take half a day to release the ball...

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

love the back tracking in this thread. :icon_cheesygrin:

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Let's wait until he plays at least two games in the NFL before we compare him to Phillip Rivers...

8. I wasn't The only reason I compared them is their unorthodox throwing motion. Not comparing them talent wise.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Right my point was that just because it's worked for Rivers shouldn't mean crap for anyone else.

Can we put a ban on Tebow threads or something? Lol they don't die! Everyone's really at risk for catching their zombie AIDS!

10. it means that this idea of qb's throwing the ball a certain way isn't as important as some think. As long as the ball gets out in a timely accurate manner.