Broncos WR Kenny McKinley Reportedly Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Tragic news out of Denver as Broncos WR Kenny McKinley has reportedly taken his own life, according to KDVR. McKinley, a fifth-round draft pick out of South Carolina in 2009, was found dead in Arahapo County. The 23-year-old former Gamecock, who Steve Spurrier once called the best wide receiver he'd ever coached, did not register a catch in eight games last year with Denver.

Source: CBS Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
  2. R.I.P. Kenny.....

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Wow. Godspeed kid.

I hope this doesn't get out of control and the media respects his family's privacy.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

well that sucks

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sad news!

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Wow, wonder what could of happened. Too soon.

7. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

R.I.P. To bad noone seen any signs before it went this far

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

wow sad, interested to hear details... R.I.P

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Damn. Really sad to hear. :tombstone:

10. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

I would speculate that the 4 years of being "the man" in high school and then another 4 years of being "the super man" in college to then being "the afterthought" is rough, even with a few hundred thousand dollars.

11. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

RIP. Spurrier said Kenny was at the Gamecocks game on Saturday with his usual smile on his face. Hard to explain.

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I can understand not wanting to play your career with Tebow, but this is too much. So sad.

13. SRW

If this is ALL it was? Then too bad, nut up and be a man. I think there has to be way more to the story than it being that easy.

14. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's sad

R.I.P.

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

It's mental illness. No one takes being bummed that far for real without it.

16. SRW

That's what I mean and that's the shame of it all. Where is the team to really keep an eye on his situation? All you are is a uniform number and a locker.

17. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

It's sad but there are a lot people still alive who have it a lot worse - like his family.

18. This is the third death of an active Broncos player in the past four years.....very heartbreaking.

19. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Sad story rip

20. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I don't think there is blame at a time like that. I've had a best friend and a cousin do the same thing and I can tell you there is really no way to see it coming.