Browns Fine Player $1701 For Drinking Hotel's Bottled Water

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by 86WARD, Sep 19, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cleveland Browns head coach Eric Mangini had instituted a curfew for rookies and free agents staying at a hotel near the team’s facility during some offseason workouts, even on Memorial Day weekend – which, if proven, would be a blatant violation of the collective bargaining agreement. Mangini’s latest, according to a source: One player was fined $1,701 (the maximum allowed under the CBA) because he failed to pay for a $3 bottle of water he’d consumed at a hotel while the team was on the road.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Couldent he have just went back and payed for the 3 dollar water lol

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Thief. Only a Browns player would do something this low.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yeah, you would think so, lol.

6. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Well a Bengals player would too. Theft, I agree. Did the hotel put it on the tab? I'm wondering how they knew....

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Thank God it wasn't the Macadamia nuts. That's gotta be a 4 game suspension.

1 person likes this.
  8. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

$1701 bottle of water.. hope it was some good water.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

One of the purest waters on the planet isn't $1701.00.

[​IMG]

This water is so pure that electricity can't carry a current through it.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Looks pretty damn good WARD

11. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Well, 3 dollars for a bottle of water sucks too. But not as much as $1701. How much does that cost? :icon_eek:

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

1 person likes this.
  13. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

"Son, we play on a team that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, 86WARD? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for $1,701 and curse the Browns; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that a fine for bottled water, while tragic, probably saved games and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use them as the backbone of a team trying to win something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps in the hotel with bottled water that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a pair of shoulderpads and run a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
    -Col. Mangini

1 person likes this.
  14. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

That crap is ridiculous

15. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

... it does look like good water.

16. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

sad but funny

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

1701.00 just help pay some administrative fees in the front office. maybe now they don't have to lay someone off??

18. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Good thing the maximum fine wasn't more than $1701. :icon_eek:
    Pure insanity...