Browns Hire Rob Chudzinski As Their Next Head Coach

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jan 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to reports, Rob Chudzinski will become the Cleveland Browns' new head coach, leaving the Carolina Panthers, where he was offensive coordinator for two years.

Reports on Thursday night indicate that the Cleveland Browns will name Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski as their new head coach.

The new was announced by both the NFL Network's Albert Breer, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen, but there is still no official announcement from the Browns' organization. Arriving in Carolina in 2011, Chudzinski quickly turned around one of the NFL's worst offenses while simultaneously drawing up a scheme that allowed quarterback Cam Newton to break Peyton Manning's rookie passing record. Finishing with the league's fourth ranked offense, there was speculation in 2012 that Chudzinski would leave for a head coaching job after interviewing with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source: SBNation.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So much for those second interviews...

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Hard to get excited but we'll see where it goes. Sure comes off as a lame duck move until they feel they can get a bigger candidate

4. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Why the rush if they had others for second interviews? Why not go for a more proven name? Seems no matter who the GM is its always a lame duck hire for the coach.

5. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Aw, heck me........ Now, who da hell's gonna coach our offense

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Plain Dealer reports Norv is expected to come in as OC, so this move makes a little more sense

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Isnt this the dude who had to resign an OC job in...Tampa?...right after he accepted it because he was admittedly in over his head? Something like that.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Never mind that was some other inski. They all sound the same to me.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, many people around the league believe he is one of the sharpest offensive minds out there. maybe he's the next sean payton?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

He didn't have a good year in Carolina...it's kind of odd that he's a head coach after that season.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

#4 offense and a great soph campaign (finish) from Cam.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah they definitely had a way better second half of the season after a crapty start

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

well,he's got a pretty damn OC in norv turner who i am thrilled did not go to dallas.

14. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I'm 100% behind this except when he mentions going back to the 3-4. We don't have the linebackers for the 4-3 right now.

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Nope we don't, but it could work if they pick up a hybrid guy like Jones or Werner. I don't love the talk of switching after finally having a half decent D this past year, but it is what it is. Change brings more change, and we'll see where it goes.

Chud + Turner sounds nice though.

16. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Yeah, they need a pass rusher regardless. I'm getting sick of change just for the sake of change though.