Browns Looking To Trade QB Brady Quinn?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by 86WARD, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could Brady Quinn be the next first-round pick to go? With the trading deadline looming Oct. 20, it wouldn't be surprising if Quinn went the way of Braylon Edwards and was dealt to another team. Quinn's agent, Tom Condon, could not be reached for comment, but Quinn and his camp would most likely welcome a trade and a chance for Quinn to start.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, how much would they get for him at this point? is he still worth a mid-rounder?

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'd take him for a mid-rounder. He has experience in a crap team and he isn't a cripple yet so he'd be a steal for us.

4. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I don't think a lot of teams would want him.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

So... They intend to rely on the 2-for-17 Anderson? Prepare for another long TD-less streak.

6. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I'd say he's worth a mid-rounder, the problem with all this draft pick hoarding that CLE is doing is that if the '10 draft isn't dynamite they may get the short end of the stick on alot of these trades.

7. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I thank the Rams would be a good place for him, other than that you are looking at the Bills, 49ers, Titans, and maybe the Panthers that might look at him.

I think the '10 draft is going to be loaded, there are going to be a lot of players that will think a rookie cap is coming the next year so they will leave early.

8. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I say Quinn is still worth a look. It isn't like he played enough in Cleveland to be completely ruined.

9. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Brady Quinn isn't the first player to fall out of sorts with Eric Mangini. I wouldn't judge him by his relationship with current Browns coaching staff.

What is a concern is that he hasn't been able to break out and take that starting job in 2¼ seasons. I mean his competition is Derek Anderson. He should have been able to win that battle handily.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They might as well trade him, they are letting his career rot.

11. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

How is this a news story? The phrases "could be", "wouldn't be surprising if", "couldn't be reached for comment", "would most likely welcome" ????
    She's saying, I couldn't get a story, so I made some crap up. What if Brady Quinn got moved to linebacker? Does his contract say 70pct of the snaps or 70 percent of the snaps at QB? What if Brady Quinn ran for mayor of Cleveland? He and his agent would most likely welcome a chance to run a city. What if Quinn became an astronaut? He and his agent would most likely welcome a chance to go to the moon someday. Get some evidence, then report it.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Some evidence
    Exhibit A: He sucks and has been replaced
    Exhibit B: They need draft picks and money to rebuild and trading him could get them both

13. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

everyone thought edwards kinda sucked, but go figure he didnt get along withthe coaching staff that well... he got traded and his first apearance.. did what he couldnt for the browns. I figure Quinn is a decent Quarter back and would be a good asset for a team like the Rams or another struggling team.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

Some1 pull the trigger on this kid. im tired of seeing these stories of him being traded.

15. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

:snipersmilie: *insert Bang* kid drops, stories end

16. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I meant evidence that points to a trade in the works or at least discussion of a trade. Brady Quinn putting his house on the market is a start. But, that happened after she wrote this crapty article. I'm not saying that he won't be or shouldn't be traded, just that this is crapty reporting.

It was one game. 5 for 64 and a TD. He also dropped one in the endzone when he got bailed out with a phantom PI call. I don't think its coincidence that the phenomenal catch was on the sideline, the TD was in the back of the endzone, and the drop was in the middle of the field at the goal line. Seems like most of his drops in Cleveland were slants and mid-range comeback patterns with his back to a safety or corner.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9YGVQFWV74&feature=related]YouTube - Braylon Edwards - First Jets Dropped Ball[/ame]